• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Belgians declare war on the UK!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belgians declare war on the UK!

SlinkyLinkyThingy

10 things they don't like about us

1. They are self-centred. (Literally: They think they are the belly button of the world.)

2. Their language is universal. So they refuse to even try to speak ours when they get lost over here. (80 per cent don’t even want to take a phrase book on holidays with them!)... but they look at you condescendingly if you speak bad English.

3. They can't do anything like everyone else (drive on the left etc).

4. They have the worst cuisine in the world

5. They drink warm beer, much to the despair of even our least talented brewers.

6. They are such drunks! According to a study, the English drink 8 alcoholic drinks a day during the holidays.

7. Their climate is even worse than ours

8. Their tabloids only think about bums and scandals

9. They unfairly knocked out the Red Devils from the 1990 World Cup... we haven't forgotten that goal, in the last second, by David Platt!

10. We havent forgotten their hooligans either, responsible for the death of 39 people at Heysel in 1985.

The paper went on to acknowledge that Britons were not all bad, however. La Capitale conceded that English gardens, London at Christmas, and the small matter of the repeated intervention of "liberators who came to our aid every time we were invaded" were all reasons to love the British.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Hard to argue with the facts though. Still they can stuff their non milky chocolate where the sun don't shine. Insipid boring country that it is.

Comment

Point 5 is just WRONG! Stella? Pah.

Comment

Bless!

They forgot to mention that we think a Walloon is something you have to blow up before eating...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Who cares what the Belgians think?

'Belgium'. Isn't that the slip lane the Germans use to get their tanks up to speed before invading France?
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I'm quaking in my boots.

Comment

Our beer is meant to be warm!

Can't argue with the footy hooligans though...

Comment

Belgium - the rudest word in the universe, banned in most parts of the galaxy.

Having been there a couple of times, apart from being flat and boring, I thought it was OK. Well, Bruge was anyway.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Does this mean I should cancel the xmas market trip to Brussels?
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

It’s a dreadful place. Apart from the waffles… and the Frits Vans… and the fish restaurants… the all night bars in Brussels… and the ladies so friendly
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X