PDA

View Full Version : Cork

wurzel
18th November 2009, 19:35
Got an interview there next week, anyone had any experience of working there? I'm guessing it's a pleasant place but I might not be able to get back every weekend so I need somewhere quite lively to stop myself going mad.

Ruse
18th November 2009, 20:49
What do you need to know exactly ?

I'm from County Cork and went to school and Uni in Cork City so know or at least used to know it pretty well.

Spacecadet
18th November 2009, 21:37
Find some time to do some cork soaking (http://www.hulu.com/watch/19187/saturday-night-live-cork-soakers)!!

Content is for the USA only, I assume you're either stateside or you've got a proxy set up?

Ruse
18th November 2009, 22:07
Does this (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/180744/) work?

Yes, but sorry no, just not funny after 1 minute, the Yanks don't do this stuff well, done so much better by two Ronnies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz2-ukrd2VQ

cailin maith
18th November 2009, 22:10
Got an interview there next week, anyone had any experience of working there? I'm guessing it's a pleasant place but I might not be able to get back every weekend so I need somewhere quite lively to stop myself going mad.

It's at the bottom of the country, very beautiful around there but... I still struggle to understand the Cork accent.

Doggy Styles
18th November 2009, 23:12
It's at the bottom of the country, very beautiful around there but... I still struggle to understand the Cork accent.Pardon?

cailin maith
18th November 2009, 23:22
Pardon?

:moon:

I'm from Dublin - I sound normal :D

AleksandrMeerkat
18th November 2009, 23:53

I'm from Dublin - I sound normal :D

It's the Kerry accent I find funny, nobody understands it, not even them.

Churchill
18th November 2009, 23:57

I'm from Dublin - I sound normalish :D

Ftfy!

Bunk
18th November 2009, 23:58
Ftfy!

Oooh, :spank: you're going to get it.

Churchill
19th November 2009, 08:07
Oooh, :spank: you're going to get it.

Probably. :o

Ruse
19th November 2009, 10:02

I'm from Dublin - I sound like a Jackin(fada over i) :D

ftfy :wink

BoredBloke
19th November 2009, 10:16
It's at the bottom of the country, very beautiful around there but... I still struggle to understand the Cork accent.

I didn't find it particularly nice when I went there. Perhaps I should have left the pub once in a while. Ireland is bleedin expensive these days though

Ruse
19th November 2009, 10:22
I didn't find it particularly nice when I went there. Perhaps I should have left the pub once in a while. Ireland is bleedin expensive these days though

I think perhaps Cailin Maith was talking about the countryside in the greater County not the City itself, which agreed is not very attractive and yes now very expensive for a Sterling visitor.

MrMark
19th November 2009, 10:46

Adjust rates accordingly. But anyway, Good Luck!:yay: