View Full Version : Arsenal - Henry is a cheating bounder

snaw
18th November 2009, 22:15
That is all.

What a winkr.

Mr.Whippy
18th November 2009, 22:16
+1

Let's hope the Irish score a goal now, then they're through on away goals.

btw, Henry left Arsenal a while ago ;)

oracleslave
18th November 2009, 22:16
That is all.

What a winkr.

Been hitting the sauce old bean or you aiming to turn out the lights on your cuk career in style en route to Singapore?

minestrone
18th November 2009, 22:18
It was never a hand ball.

NURSE!!

Cheating fecker, Arsenal players are all cheats.

Cliphead
18th November 2009, 22:19
Two offside players and a handball, incredible :tantrum:

snaw
18th November 2009, 22:19
Both. Just ****ed off, I respect Henry and that was poor, very poor.

End of the day, get there by cheating - what's the point?

oracleslave
18th November 2009, 22:20
It was never a hand ball.

NURSE!!

Cheating fliper, Arsenal players are all cheats.

Have I missed something that you and Snaw know about? I thought he played for Barcelona :confused:

snaw
18th November 2009, 22:21
Have I missed something that you and Snaw know about? I thought he played for Barcelona :confused:

Indeed, ask the mod ..

Ruse
18th November 2009, 22:22
Would be a terrible way to go out, still 15 mins left, we're not out of it yet....

minestrone
18th November 2009, 22:22
Arsenal lost their integrity when they lost their Englishness.

Ruse
18th November 2009, 22:23
Indeed, ask the mod ..

Did you get a yellow card for your orig post title then ?

snaw
18th November 2009, 22:23
Indeed, ask the mod ..

How can he live with himself. Football, feet etc, kids watching and he ******* CHEATS!!!!!

snaw
18th November 2009, 22:24
Did you get a yellow card for your orig post title then ?

REFREE IS A WNKF IF THAT'S THE CASE ..

sorry, I'm in caps and can't be ****ed changing

scotspine
18th November 2009, 22:30
don't you like me snaw?

Ruse
18th November 2009, 22:32
Bugger we're out, thanks to that cheating b'tard Henry.

oracleslave
18th November 2009, 22:33
don't you like me snaw?

You are a French, Arsenal supporting cheat and I claim my free trip to the world cup!

snaw
18th November 2009, 22:38
don't you like me snaw?

Unless you cheat, yer ok.

BUT Henry IS a CHEAT.

Now proven, factually.

What a fcking wnkr he is.

Doggy Styles
18th November 2009, 22:57
Don't blame Henry.

Blame UEFA and FIFA for steadfastly refusing to use video replays to get decisions like that right. Other mainline sports use it. So blame Platini, Johansson, Blatter, and the rest of those winkers.

Henry was only doing the professional thing.

Ruse
18th November 2009, 23:04
Don't blame Henry.

Blame UEFA and FIFA for steadfastly refusing to use video replays to get decisions like that right. Other mainline sports use it. So blame Platini, Johansson, Blatter, and the rest of those winkers.

Henry was only doing the professional thing.

I bet you didn't say that when Maradonna knocked England out, but I agree about video replays, works well in Rugby.

Doggy Styles
18th November 2009, 23:09
I bet you didn't say that when Maradonna knocked England out, but I agree about video replays, works well in Rugby.:happy I'm older and wiser now. Besides, he really was a little s**t.

Yes, 30 seconds and that would have been sorted out - free kick to Ireland and a yellow for Henry.

Actually, the offside would have been spotted first, so it would have been a free kick for that instead.

sasguru
18th November 2009, 23:13
Bugger we're out, thanks to that cheating b'tard Henry.

That is indeed true and a shame. My sympathies ....

Doggy Styles
18th November 2009, 23:31
Ireland were better than France, they just ran out of steam. From what I remember they missed the four best chances of the game while 1-0 up (Duff, Keane twice, O'Shea).

The only consolation from the result, as an England fan, is I'll feel more confident against that French side in the world cup than against Ireland.

snaw
19th November 2009, 09:05
Hmm,

Opening that 2nd bottle of wine wasn't such a great idea it seems ..

stingman123
19th November 2009, 09:13
I would like to hear Mr Platini's view on the "goal" for France

Fair play eh?:mad

oracleslave
19th November 2009, 09:16
Hmm,

I did the same last night. Combined with the chilli pizza I had I am spending quality time in trap 2.

Pondlife
19th November 2009, 09:19
Hmm,

:rollin:

We've all done it. Have you checked your sent messages on your phone yet.

minestrone
19th November 2009, 09:20
I had about 8 beers last night. sasguru will come in here later and tell us all off for being naughty boys.

Still, an absolute joke of a decision to give that goal.

BoredBloke
19th November 2009, 09:31
Ireland were robbed. Henry didn't just handle the ball, he did it twice. Once to stop it going out of play and once to knock it onto his foot. Add the 2 offside players at the start of the move and it's a real shitty way to go out of the competition. However, I know if it had been an England player we'd probably be saying that we got away with it, but really, at this level the officials need to be better than that

Swiss Tony
19th November 2009, 10:18

Out of curiosity who do you support? Not many premiership sides by now who don’t have international (as in not English) players.

Defiantly was a hand ball, don’t understand why FIFA do not have a video ref for these scenarios. I understand that they think it would slow the game down if every challenge was questioned etc but how about only penalty and goals to be double checked. Wouldn’t take much time and would be done by the time the players have done their victory lap tra la la etc

Equally a 3 match ban for cheating to be imposed after the game if indeed the ref has missed anything, I suppose like the citing system in Rugby. Wonder what a 10 minute sin bin would do for yellow cards as well (not sure that it’s a great idea in footie but just a thought:rolleyes:)

minestrone
19th November 2009, 10:37
There not another English club who have embraced the foreign game as much as Arsenal and with that they have imported many of the problems that used to be blamed on foreigner footballers. As well as being a very dirty team Arsenal are a team that do have a strong habit of cheating and their foreign scrotum faced manager is to blame for that.

scaramanga
19th November 2009, 10:43
I don't know how the Irish players managed to retain their discipline with respect to Henry given how obvious and blatant the handball was. If it had hit his hand and landed kindly then fine, but the second time he handled was a deliberate act because he knew without it the ball was going out of play.

Personally my attitude in that situation would have been "I aint going to the World Cup, but neither are you" and gone in for a two footed knee high tackle.

minestrone
19th November 2009, 10:49
The game should be replayed, but it won't, Platini will just rub his wee garlic balls and have a chuckle to himself.

Swiss Tony
19th November 2009, 10:49
A: You have not answered the original question.

B: Do explain which foreign game you are referring to, the Italian, Northern, Latin, Continental, Central American? I would argue with good cause that Arsenal are no dirtier than any other top side, every team has players who tread the line and perhaps more often than not cross it and get away with it.

crack_ho
19th November 2009, 10:52

Unlike the Ireland team who have always consisted of born and bred Irishmen rather than mediocre players whose Grandparents may have seen a Guiness advert once.
Oh and the manager, what part of Ireland does that accent originate?

minestrone
19th November 2009, 10:58
A: You have not answered the original question.

B: Do explain which foreign game you are referring to, the Italian, Northern, Latin, Continental, Central American? I would argue with good cause that Arsenal are no dirtier than any other top side, every team has players who tread the line and perhaps more often than not cross it and get away with it.

A. I'm not English

B . Foreign, did any commentator ever get asked what was foreign when he refered to the "Foreign disease" Does Viera not have the record for the most red cards in the premiership?

Swiss Tony
19th November 2009, 11:04
A: okay then where are you from and who do you support in the English Premier League or which ever league you follow?

B: The most red cards in history in the English leagues are held by a Scott and an Englishman. In the premiership it is joint between a Frenchman: Patrick Vierra, a Scott: Duncan Ferguson, and an Irishman: Richard Dunne. So what are you saying exactly, that the Scotts, Irish and French have had a bad ‘foreign’ influence on the game in England? Hardly Arsenals fault ... (Ohh and I'm asking you, not a commentator..)

swamp
19th November 2009, 11:06
Henry plays for Barcelona, not Arsenal.

Minestrone is a foreigner who has it in for Arsenal after we knocked his crappy (foreign) team out of the Champions League. He should grow up.

Moose423956
19th November 2009, 11:10
There not another English club who have embraced the foreign game as much as Arsenal and with that they have imported many of the problems that used to be blamed on foreigner footballers. As well as being a very dirty team Arsenal are a team that do have a strong habit of cheating and their foreign scrotum faced manager is to blame for that.

Hey! Are you saying my scrotum looks like Arsene Wenger? How VERY dare you!

Ruse
19th November 2009, 11:17
Unlike the Ireland team who have always consisted of born and bred Irishmen rather than mediocre players whose Grandparents may have seen a Guiness advert once.?

Who are you talking about exactly Robbie Keane ? Damien Duff ? Shay Given ? Richard Dunne ? John O Shea ? All quality established premeirship players. We may have used parentage in the past but that is much less true today.

[/QUOTE]Oh and the manager, what part of Ireland does that accent originate?[/QUOTE]

WTF has this got to do with anything ?

cailin maith
19th November 2009, 11:22
Who are you talking about exactly Robbie Keane ? Damien Duff ? Shay Given ? Richard Dunne ? John O Shea ? All quality established premeirship players. We may have used parentage in the past but that is much less true today.

Oh and the manager, what part of Ireland does that accent originate?[/QUOTE]

WTF has this got to do with anything ?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to point out I know bollock all about football and didn't see the match but WHS

The England manager isn't fecking English either!!

crack_ho
19th November 2009, 11:32
The England manager isn't fliping English either!!

Yes exactly.
So why are Arsenal picked on for being unpure when Ireland and England have a history of foreign coaches and even foreign players.

cailin maith
19th November 2009, 11:34
Yes exactly.
So why are Arsenal picked on for being unpure when Ireland and England have a history of foreign coaches and even foreign players.

It wasn't clear that was your point :rolleyes:

And to answer - I don't know.

crack_ho
19th November 2009, 11:35
It wasn't clear that was your point :rolleyes:

The clue was in the quoted text I replied too. :rolleyes:

cailin maith
19th November 2009, 11:43
The clue was in the quoted text I replied too. :rolleyes:

Blah - whatever!

I don't even like football so I don't know why I even got involved.. you lot carry on! :wink

Ruse
19th November 2009, 11:47
Yes exactly.

Probably because this is at the root of everything that is wrong with the English game today. Premiership teams now hosting academies in other countries and not putting the money in to grass roots football in England like they should be doing. And why the England team will be a 3rd Division team in world terms if it continues this way. Trevor Brooking et al have been saying it for years.

But anyway can we get this thread back on track. Ireland were unfairly knocked out of World Cup qualification and what can be done about it. :tantrum:

voodooflux
19th November 2009, 12:00
We should have expected something like this, after all the French do have previous form: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/handball/7579555.stm

Swiss Tony
19th November 2009, 12:04
Why are people shocked about the Thierry Henry incident? The French putting their hands up has been a national pastime since 1940.

:rolleyes:

swamp
19th November 2009, 12:13
Who cares if the Frogs knock the Micks out? It's Contractor UK.

Ruse
19th November 2009, 12:24

The OP was posting about cheating in the game not about who knocked who out. But I think you'll find there are a variety of nationalities on these boards so to suggest we should only post about pro UK topics is absurd.

snaw
19th November 2009, 12:25

When's that ever stopped us?

Mr Crosby
19th November 2009, 12:42
Just the same as Ngogs cheating dive against us, the quicker they bring video evidence into football the better.

gingerjedi
19th November 2009, 13:11
Thierry Henry handball provokes Irish justice minister to demand rematch with France (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/republicofireland/6605504/Thierry-Henry-handball-provokes-Irish-justice-minister-to-demand-rematch-with-France.html)

Leading French daily newspaper Le Monde ran an online poll - Does France deserve to be in South Africa?

An overwhelming number of voters said: "Non."

The French want it, the Oirish want it, FIFA don't so thats that.

BoredBloke
19th November 2009, 13:20
The @rse get it because they were/are the team that thakes the overseas players to the extreme. Their team regularly has no english players in it.

swamp
19th November 2009, 13:54
The @rse get it because they were/are the team that thakes the overseas players to the extreme. Their team regularly has no english players in it.

Arsenal usually have the same amount of English players as any other Premiership team. Currently the Gunners have 17 English players, as opposed to Manchester United and Liverpool who have 14 and 10 English players respectively.

minestrone
19th November 2009, 14:20
Arsenal usually have the same amount of English players as any other Premiership team. Currently the Gunners have 17 English players, as opposed to Manchester United and Liverpool who have 14 and 10 English players respectively.

Arsenal have always had a far higher figure of foreigners starting games than the rest of the premiership.

snaw
19th November 2009, 14:22

They do?

I just checked the 1st team squad (You know, the ones who'll get a game) and I could only see two English players ...

http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players

snaw
19th November 2009, 14:23
Actually take it back, there's three ...

swamp
19th November 2009, 14:36
They do?

I just checked the 1st team squad (You know, the ones who'll get a game) and I could only see two English players ...

http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players

We've got three English players out on loan plus eleven (numbered) English players in the reserves.

snaw
19th November 2009, 15:07
We've got three English players out on loan plus eleven (numbered) English players in the reserves.

That counts does it?

swamp
19th November 2009, 15:14
That counts does it?

Yes. It counts because Arsenal 'reserve' players get plenty of first team action in the Carling Cup, and also other competitions since our main squad is quite small. And an Arsenal player on loan is still an Arsenal player.

wobbegong
19th November 2009, 16:10
If Olympic gold medals can be withdrawn on evidence of cheating, then why can't a football match be either awarded to the 'runners up' or at very least replayed?

:confused:

MrMark
19th November 2009, 16:35
This thread is full of venom and prejudice. So, to find out what Mr Henry is really like, I suggest you consult the relevant Wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Thierry_Henry&oldid=326715091)

oracleslave
19th November 2009, 16:38
This thread is full of venom and prejudice. So, to find out what Mr Henry is really like, I suggest you consult the relevant Wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Thierry_Henry&oldid=326715091)

:laugh It reads like HAB on twitter

swamp
19th November 2009, 16:46
Oh how petty.

Anyway, do the French GAF about what other people think of them? No of course they don't. They will be in South Africa next year for the World Cup Finals and everyone will have forgotten the hand of Henry, apart from the Irish who will be crying in their stout.

Ruse
19th November 2009, 17:13

:rollin::rollin::rollin:

I can't believe that is still up there, aren't there usually reviewers for accuracies of edits or someat ?

Ah just spotted it isn't the current edit of the page...

darmstadt
4th June 2015, 16:14
Vindicated: Fifa paid FAI after Thierry Henry handball, admits John Delaney: https://twitter.com/McDonnellDan/status/606478128945332225

Fifa paid FAI after Thierry Henry handball, admits John Delaney (http://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2015/jun/04/jack-warner-fifa-corruption-i-have-kept-quiet-i-will-do-so-no-more-live)

meridian
4th June 2015, 19:06
So FIFA gave FIA money "for a stadium", and then wrote it off when Ireland failed to qualify. But there's still no stadium in Ireland, so where's the money gone? NAMA?

SueEllen
4th June 2015, 19:14
So FIFA gave FIA money "for a stadium", and then wrote it off when Ireland failed to qualify. But there's still no stadium in Ireland, so where's the money gone? NAMA?

I wish it had gone in my pocket....

saptastic
5th June 2015, 08:14

Aviva Stadium
Home (http://www.avivastadium.ie)

meridian
5th June 2015, 08:23
Aviva Stadium

Which was finished and opened by 2010.

darmstadt
5th June 2015, 08:25
Aviva Stadium

Completed the same year that the handball incident happened and is only 50% owned by the FAI, the other by the IRFU. Still something dodgy there...

saptastic
5th June 2015, 10:14
I dont understand if the Irish FA thought they had a good legal case surely the world cup chance is worth more than a £5m "loan"

TykeMerc
5th June 2015, 11:28
I dont understand if the Irish FA thought they had a good legal case surely the world cup chance is worth more than a £5m "loan"

Hard to know, maybe with the costs of the trip to get knocked out early and the likely costs of the legal action they saw a quick 5m Euro's as a fair win or at least a draw.

Of course it could just be someone having arranged a blatant bung and that 5m isn't the whole story.

meridian
5th June 2015, 13:53
It would look a lot better if the FAI came out with a statement along the lines of "we took the £5m knowing that a court case would be prolonged past the World Cup anyway, and we used the money to pay down the financing on x and y to reduce the financial burden during the recession" or some such twaddle, but everything that touches FIFA seems to be a bung these days so I wouldn't be surprised if it paid for an executive's gaff in Dalkey.