• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed: House Prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed: House Prices

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...74million.html

Britain's population may grow to 74million over the next 20 years, according to official estimates.
    The Office for National Statistics said that if immigration continues at high levels the population will swell by more than a fifth - some 12million - in two decades.

you lot are sorteeed, just squeeze up a bit lol

Milan.

Gotta love New Labour.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      Britain's population may grow to 74million over the next 20 years, according to official estimates.
      You'll need a lot of motorway bridges to shelter that lot.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

That should create a few BNP voters.

Comment

you lot are sorteeed, just squeeze up a bit lol
          You can get a lot per acre when they are all sitting on benches.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

i don't understand why you lot are so quiet on this subject

I guess there are two sides,

one side, yes the place will be fecked by such a huge population on a small island

but on the otherside,

it can only be good for house prices, and as house prices are everybody's security of last hope then that's why everyone keeps quiet

QED

Milan.

Comment

i don't understand why you lot are so quiet on this subject

I guess there are two sides,

one side, yes the place will be fliped by such a huge population on a small island

but on the otherside,

it can only be good for house prices, and as house prices are everybody's security of last hope then that's why everyone keeps quiet

QED

Milan.
              Not really. There are huge swathes of the country that are not yet urbanised - the whole of Wales for instance. Simply concreting over these areas will provide all of the land requirements for future generations.

Love And XXXX Gordon Brown.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                Not really. There are huge swathes of the country that are not yet urbanised - the whole of Wales for instance. Simply concreting over these areas will provide all of the land requirements for future generations.

Love And XXXX Gordon Brown.
                Sheep don't eat concrete and so who will want to live here if there are no recreational pursuits?

Back to the drawing board I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  who will want to live here if there are no recreational pursuits?

Immigrants, obviously.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    "Economic migrants", obviously.
                    We probably have over 74 million already - the gummint are desperately trying to force through plans to build all over the green belt in those nasty Tory strongholds in Surrey.

When faced with strong local opposition from locals and councils, simply bring in the Government Planning Inspectorate and bulldoze the EU driven policy through, under a lame excuse such as "it's better if we keep an eye on these developers as a test case, than ignore them".
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X