• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A bit put out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit put out

So

I get a call from a p!mp about a contract role. Takes my CV , shows client, client wants a telephone interview. I ask for 24 hours notice as I am working.

So I get 12 hours notice, so take the morning off work to do tel interview at home.

Calls me 20 minutes before the time and tells me client got called into a meeting so interview is off, so sorry can I do it at 16h30 that day.

I had other arrangements so I could not make it , so he says he understands but his manager is a bit "funny" about these things, but will try to reschedule, so now we are "waiting for feedback" from the client re new interview time. Not holding my breath as I think "funny" manager may be following more flexible (read unemployed) candidates

Its a buyers market so unfortunately need to take this cr@p although I think I have lost this one because client rescheduled interview.

Lifes is not fair

Sunny "Taking it hard where it counts" San
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Count youself lucky that you didn't travel there for a face to face...

I suspect the role has been pulled....

Comment

When I was looking to leave my permie job and go contracting, I had a tasty interview lined up. Client was keen, I was keen, technology was good - and I wrote part of the solution that they were putting in.

Client suggests interview at 11.00.

I suggest a bit earlier so I can be down there and back at work in the afternoon so only have a half-day off.

Agent says that shouldn't be a problem - will confirm the new time with the client and let me know.

That was four years ago, and he still hasn't told me the time of the interview. I don't think I'll get the role now, though.

The agency was MSB.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        That was four years ago, and he still hasn't told me the time of the interview. I don't think I'll get the role now, though.
        Give him a call.
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
          So

I get a call from a p!mp about a contract role. Takes my CV , shows client, client wants a telephone interview. I ask for 24 hours notice as I am working.

So I get 12 hours notice, so take the morning off work to do tel interview at home.

Calls me 20 minutes before the time and tells me client got called into a meeting so interview is off, so sorry can I do it at 16h30 that day.

I had other arrangements so I could not make it , so he says he understands but his manager is a bit "funny" about these things, but will try to reschedule, so now we are "waiting for feedback" from the client re new interview time. Not holding my breath as I think "funny" manager may be following more flexible (read unemployed) candidates

Its a buyers market so unfortunately need to take this cr@p although I think I have lost this one because client rescheduled interview.

Lifes is not fair

Sunny "Taking it hard where it counts" San
          Normally it's the unemployed flexible candidate who gets shafted.
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
            Give him a call.
            Tell him you've sorted out your references.
            Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
              Tell him you've sorted out your references.
              Exactly.
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Update

So I was wrong.

They phoned me yesterday and rescheduled for today. Then I get a call this morning saying the role has been filled.

So I think thats that then.

But.....

I then get a call from the agent saying that the person that they agreed on has suddenly upped their rate and the client is now going to look again, so I am back in the running.

Crazy runaround...
                There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

I then get a call from the agent saying that the person that they agreed on has suddenly upped their rate and the client is now going to look again, so I am back in the running.

Crazy runaround...
                  That is the agent setting the scene to offer you a lower rate & expecting you to be scared of asking for more
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

Crazy runaround...
                    Get your own back - get the gig and then don't turn up!!

That'll show them.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X