• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A pint of Guinness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A pint of Guinness

.. at lunch has made me feel rather sleepy.

<slumps on keyboard>

ZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzz
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

I feel that way. And I've not even had a guiness. Nor a double layered bacon and egg sandwich.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Pint of Guinness and a pint of magners at lunch time, not done a thing this afternoon. Could crash out now.

Comment

I've broken my own rule (not drinking during working hours) but a rather nice contractor is leaving today and it would have been rude not to join in -
        I now remember why its my rule <YAWN>
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I know someone that used to have 2 pints before going into work and had prepared a couple of fruit drinks laced with vodka at his desk for the working day.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            I know someone that used to have 2 pints before going into work and had prepared a couple of fruit drinks laced with vodka at his desk for the working day.
            I think I've debugged his code.
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I used to have a manager who drank reef at his desk - insisted it was just fruit juice with a bit of a kick
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

Comment

He only started to bring in the 'vodka fruit shoots' when his manager told him he had to stay in at lunch time in a vain attempt to keep him out of the pub.

He got extended a few times and went back twice after breaks, they were happy with his work, drunk or sober.

Comment

We used to have a bottle of wine under our desk here, between 3 of us. Kept us pepped up after a boozy lunch. We are now more sensible, and only have the boozy lunch every day.

Comment

I remember a few boozy lunches at the "Tap & Spile" while working in Leeds - excellent selection of beers.

I doubt I could manage a boozy lunch and then back to work now.

Comment

Working...
                    X