PDA

View Full Version : Diet while benched

Mich the Tester
19th November 2009, 15:20
Logically, seeing as I have lots of time on my hands, I should be able to eat lots of fresh fruit and veg, nutritious pasta and fish delights and nicely prepared salads, but somehow I can't motivate myself to fix anything other than a bacon sarnie and a banana milkshake.

Anyone else experiencing the same culinary lethargy?

HairyArsedBloke
19th November 2009, 15:25
Yes. I'm not benched, but 'work' from home. I scoffed a whole box of Tesco's finest chocolate & Brazil nut cookies for lunch. I did have an orange too.

I live worse than I did as a student. I'm getting so fed up with it.

TimberWolf
19th November 2009, 15:35
I've discovered something that's easy to prepare and healthy. Kippers (well, I'm not sure they are Kippers, but some kind of smoked fish) and coleslaw. Okay smoked fish might kill you long term, but hey it's fish. You get about 5 kippers for, I don't know, £2.50 and a big tub of coleslaw for about ~50p. One kipper and quarter tub of coleslaw and that's a healthy meal done. Then top up with cheap carbohydrates of choice. Beans (or e.g. a tinned 'breakfast') mixed with a tin of proper tomatoes ain't bad either, but obviously that does require some cooking.

Mich the Tester
19th November 2009, 15:37
I've discovered something that's easy to prepare and healthy. Kippers (well, I'm not sure they are Kippers, but some kind of smoked fish) and coleslaw. Okay smoked fish might kill you long term, but hey it's fish. You get about 5 kippers for, I don't know, £2.50 and a big tub of coleslaw for about ~50p. One kipper and quarter tub of coleslaw and that's a healthy meal done. Then top up with cheap carbohydrates of choice. Beans (or e.g. a tinned 'breakfast') mixed with a tin of proper tomatoes ain't bad either, but obviously that does require some cooking.
No thanks.:sick

conned tractor
19th November 2009, 15:44
Same here - working from home. Couldn't be ar$ed to make something healthy for lunch so just had a packet of crisps.

I also find I drink too much of an evening because I ain't got to drive anywhere or breathe on anyone the next day. Got to get me real job again soon anyhow.

Gotta get out of this cycle - also find I am not doing enough exercise and feel really lethargic.

SantaClaus
19th November 2009, 15:52
Well I had a whole packet of Tunes today.

But then I have got a cold.

singhr
19th November 2009, 15:55
I am in Paris at the moment and they have this metic system, they don't know what a fck*ng Quarter Pounder is - instead they call it a Royale with Cheese!

MrMark
19th November 2009, 15:56
Well I had a whole packet of Tunes today.

But then I have got a cold.

Please don't tell Cyberman. He'd have you quarantined!:bluelight

SuperZ
19th November 2009, 15:57
Come on peoples, think healthy. Wake up and breath the morning air, imagine your body as a machine, feed crap in you get crap out (including lethargy). Last time I was benched long term was when I really started getting into excersise and healthy eating and have continued ever since. Be strict with yourselves ya pu$$ies :). If ya can`t be arsed to cook, buy some salad or some healthy soups but keep an eye on the fat content of the soup

Mich the Tester
19th November 2009, 15:58
Come on peoples, think healthy. Wake up and breath the morning air, imagine your body as a machine, feed crap in you get crap out (including lethargy). Last time I was benched long term was when I really started getting into excersise and healthy eating and have continued ever since. Be strict with yourselves ya pu$$ies :)I train twice a week at the rugby club, run twice a week and do two weights sessions a week. Trouble is, it all makes me more hungry so I eat more bacon sarnies.

rootsnall
19th November 2009, 16:03
I train twice a week at the rugby club, run twice a week and do two weights sessions a week. Trouble is, it all makes me more hungry so I eat more bacon sarnies.

If you are not a porker what is the problem :confused: I long for the days when I used to play rugby and stuff and I could eat crap.

SantaClaus
19th November 2009, 16:04
Please don't tell Cyberman. He'd have you quarantined!:bluelight

I seem to have consumed a giant tub of Jelly beans in the last few months too :eek

hyperD
19th November 2009, 16:07
Logically, seeing as I have lots of time on my hands, I should be able to eat lots of fresh fruit and veg, nutritious pasta and fish delights and nicely prepared salads, but somehow I can't motivate myself to fix anything other than a bacon sarnie and a banana milkshake.

Anyone else experiencing the same culinary lethargy?

Eat anything you want. Don't listen to the food nazis who only get funding for making ridiculous extrapolations. Do a bit of exercise, eat what you want, drink what you want. Be happy - food makes you happy. Cooking fresh food is fun, quick and cheap. Meat is tasty.

You'll lose weight when the money runs out.

In life, there are no refunds, no rewinds, no play agains. Enjoy.

threaded
19th November 2009, 16:52
I am in Paris at the moment and they have this metic system, they don't know what a fck*ng Quarter Pounder is - instead they call it a Royale with Cheese!

What do they call a Whopper?