• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Skiing over Xmas?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skiing over Xmas?

Between contracts in December, so am looking to get a few miles under my skis with wife plus kids in the week over Xmas. Any recommendations for resorts/companies?

http://www.lessaisies.com/resort-vil...ki-france.html
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by tenpin View Post
      Between contracts in December, so am looking to get a few miles under my skis with wife plus kids in the week over Xmas. Any recommendations for resorts/companies?
      Meribel is full of Brits and the instructors mostly speak good English. We've been there for NYE the last couple of years and it has been good.

Driving is also a lot easier than flying if you have 4x people with their own equipment.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

..........and to get there, you want to drive there in a..........

Oh, forget it.
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Hemel Hempstead

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
            This is all we can afford this year...
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post

You can go to Wally World round the corner for entertainment (provided you don't mind being stabbed by a drunk chav) and stay in the Travel Inn (the traveller's hotel with no car park, FFS).

(Edit: I learned to ski on that slope many years ago when it was a dry slope (Edit edit: and it was a teensy bit cheaper when it was a dry slope too.) )
              Last edited by RichardCranium; 19 November 2009, 16:33.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I hate skiing. Did it once. Spent a fortune on dry slope lessons, had a stomach bug the first day out there which I spent vomitting, had one lesson, then tore my knee ligament on the nursery slopes afterwards, and spent the rest of the week hobbling around on crutches and having physio. And the other people on the trip wondered why I didn't have a good time. Tossers.

I also hate listening to skiing types banging on about the black runs they've conquered, and the wonderful powdery snow they found off piste. I wish they'd all ski at high speed into a tree.

Comment

have stayed here in La Tania (next valley over from Meribel in the Trois Vallee), good accomodation, excellent chef cooks for you and ideally situated for ski in/out but just far enough away from the Courchevel 1850 ruskie's
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I'm driving down to Austria weekend of the 6th of December with the lads for a weekend's skiing, somewhere near Innsbruck

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X