• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Harriet Harman prosecuted over driving with mobile

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harriet Harman prosecuted over driving with mobile

BBC: Sminky Pinky

I've had a good day. Defo beers for me tonight.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

oi!

edit: fair dos, you got there first

Comment

That picture of her on the BBC site says...

"you will be sorry for this, you will be, you WIIIIIIIIILL be"

Comment

oops...my mistake. Didn't realise HAB won the race - sorry.

The feeling remains though - let's get the death penalty temporarily applied to cases such as these.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

can I just add that it is crap journalism (I use that word loosely) by the BBC...

Harriet Harman prosecuted

then

Harriet Harman is to be prosecuted

Now I may be wrong but you cannot be prosecuted for an offence, only a crime and I think what she did was an offence. Well that is what happens here.

Anyway, if I ruled the world I would just put her in a giant meat mincer set to very slow.

Comment

Women drivers eh

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              ...Anyway, if I ruled the world I would just put her in a giant meat mincer set to very slow.
              Where do I go to vote for you?
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

She's going to plead not guilty!

There were witnesses, FFS!

What an arrogant bitch.

What did we do so wrong to deserve such scheming, lying, law-breaking, thieving, two-faced, toe-rag bastards in charge of us?

Why aren't such scum - which is what she is - as this criticised and disowned by the constituency party members? What spineless arselickers. I'm coming to the conclusion that big party politics is inherently corrupt.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Well, she got away with it.

Harriet Harman fined £350 for careless driving

She reversed into a parked car in Camberwell, south London, last July, Westminster Magistrates' Court heard.

A second charge of driving while using a mobile phone was withdrawn.

Ms Harman, who is also House of Commons leader and equality minister, was using her mobile phone when she got into the car and throughout the low-speed incident, the court heard.

The court heard that Ms Harman already has six penalty points on her licence after being caught speeding in a 30mph zone, in 2007 and 2008. Motorists with 12 points on their licence face a ban. Ms Harman now has a total of nine.

"Ms Harman is pleased that the potential charges of leaving the scene of an accident without exchanging particulars and failing to report an accident to the police have been dropped.
                  Because you and I would have been let off in the same circumstances, wouldn't we?
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

She's an MP, so she gets a slap on the wrist.

If it was a member of the public, their license would probably be revoked.
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X