PDA

View Full Version : the united states of europe

scotspine
19th November 2009, 21:45
meet the new boss

linky (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8367589.stm)

same as the old....only difference is the trough is going to be bigger!

moi? sceptical?

RichardCranium
19th November 2009, 21:52
I was expecting a "keep up at the back" from you when I posted "Who did you vote for to be President? (http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/49122-who-did-you-vote-president.html)" because you had already posted "blair out, ashton in (http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/49117-blair-out-ashton.html)"

Now I am seriously confused about precedence!

suityou01
19th November 2009, 22:19
I was expecting a "keep up at the back" from you when I posted "Who did you vote for to be President? (http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/49122-who-did-you-vote-president.html)" because you had already posted "blair out, ashton in (http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/49117-blair-out-ashton.html)"

Now I am seriously confused about precedence!

He's a Bilderberg member. There's a suprise. :rolleyes:

Tarquin Farquhar
20th November 2009, 09:22
British complaints about EU:
1. We've never heard of this guy.
2. We never elected him anyway.

Britain's contribution: Baronness Ashton.
1. We've never heard of her.
2. She has never been elected.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

NotAllThere
20th November 2009, 09:28
Could have been worse. It could have been Blair.

RichardCranium
20th November 2009, 09:39
Could have been worse. It could have been Blair.OK. Fairy nuffski.

PM-Junkie
20th November 2009, 09:43
British complaints about EU:
1. We did not want the Lisbon treaty ratified, but were not asked - therefore do not agree with the legitimacy of this appointment.

Britain's contribution: Baronness Ashton.
1. We did not want the Lisbon treaty ratified, but were not asked - therefore do not agree with the legitimacy of this appointment.

Fixed that for you.

Churchill
20th November 2009, 10:23
He's a Bilderberg member. There's a suprise. :rolleyes:

Ahhh, anyone else watch Spooks this week?

the_duderama
20th November 2009, 10:52
I, for one, welcome our unelected, european superstate, polictal elite overlords.

Sysman
20th November 2009, 11:35
meet the new boss

linky (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8367589.stm)

same as the old....only difference is the trough is going to be bigger!

moi? sceptical?

It was a "working dinner":

Going into the meeting the leaders had various candidates to choose from.

There were fears that the negotiations would go on late into the night, but it quickly emerged that a deal had been struck.

A simple cry of "You don't get any pud until you've voted" was the real solution.

VectraMan
20th November 2009, 11:39
So we're ruled a little more by corrupt incompentents we didn't vote for in Brussels, and a little less by corrupt incompentents we didn't vote for in London.

Quel difference?

Doggy Styles
20th November 2009, 15:52
He's a Bilderberg member. There's a suprise. :rolleyes:According to the Evening Standard the new president likes Daleks.

I have a bad feeling that this is part of a cunning plan...

PM-Junkie
20th November 2009, 16:46
According to the Evening Standard the new president likes Daleks.

I have a bad feeling that this is part of a cunning plan...
Is that "likes" as in going out for a beer with, or "likes" in a more sexual way?

...I have really got to do something about my mind :eek

Doggy Styles
20th November 2009, 17:50
Is that "likes" as in going out for a beer with, or "likes" in a more sexual way?

...I have really got to do something about my mind :eek:D

I don't really know. I thought perhaps he is softening us up for a world dominating invasion of Daleks. The lizard will know.

minestrone
20th November 2009, 18:09
Some people have to get rid of their mental image of spitfires flying over Dover to a Vera Lynn soundtrack when it comes to nationality and Europe.

Britain is a shit hole of a nation, badly managed, badly run and I would welcome outside help to run this country.

wobbegong
20th November 2009, 18:13
All this talk of Brussels reminds me, last time I was in Morrisons, I saw, for the first time in my entire life, tinned brussels sprouts.

Anyone eaten (knowingly) such a travesty?

:emb

Flashman
20th November 2009, 19:04
Some people have to get rid of their mental image of spitfires flying over Dover to a Vera Lynn soundtrack when it comes to nationality and Europe.

Britain is a tulip hole of a nation, badly managed, badly run and I would welcome outside help to run this country.

Mmmm great idea. If only Britain was part of the EU. We would all be saved. Lets join quick !

Oh errrr :rolleyes:

Troll
20th November 2009, 19:23
Both are seen as consensual politicians with limited foreign policy experiencePah !! consensus ... give me a man (or at a push woman) with conviction politics

btw - will our new President have control over our nukes ?

minestrone
20th November 2009, 19:27
Mmmm great idea. If only Britain was part of the EU. We would all be saved. Lets join quick !

Oh errrr :rolleyes:

I bet a German could write that in English with correct punctuation.

RichardCranium
20th November 2009, 19:56
Pah !! consensus ... give me a man (or at a push woman) with conviction politicsI think our current government would have far more convictions if the senior Met Police weren't frightened of being done for murdering that electrician.

Sysman
21st November 2009, 11:47
All this talk of Brussels reminds me, last time I was in Morrisons, I saw, for the first time in my entire life, tinned brussels sprouts.

Anyone eaten (knowingly) such a travesty?

Yes. Once. They have that overcooked soggy look about them. I can't remember the taste (if any).

My mother reckoned you shouldn't buy Brussels sprouts until after the first decent frost of the winter, and we haven't had that yet.

Doggy Styles
21st November 2009, 12:39
Yes. Once. They have that overcooked soggy look about them. I can't remember the taste (if any).The frozen variety also thaw out to have that overcooked soggy look about them.