• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ISO27001 Lead Auditor - Lagos, Nigeria

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO27001 Lead Auditor - Lagos, Nigeria

Hi Netraider this is desperate agent, I've got an excellent role that involves some travel. Because of the premium location of this contract, the rate is US$250 a day. Are you interested.

As you're laughing I take it you aren't interested. Do you know anybody who would be?

Any takers? I still have his contact details.
    SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Yes please, I'll send you my bank details to forward to him.
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

I wouldn't mind, but he wasn't the only agent to call about the same contract.
      SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

I had a call the other day offering a UK-based contract with some travel to Africa. When pushed ("Africa is quite a large place, you know!") it was in Lagos. Told him I'd do it from the UK but I don't want to be in Nigeria thanks.

Maybe it's the next place to be - get in early and all that.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Could combine it with some other business interests, get flights paid for and some pocket money, as well as a legitimate cover for going back and forth...

Comment

Fools!

It's probably the Guinness factory.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              Fools!

It's probably the Guinness factory.
              http://www.lagos-nigeria-real-estate...ale-model.html

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Lovely place.

Used to be known as "The White Man's Graveyard".

Mean time to burial was 3 months.
                I'm still alive. Lived there for 3 years, not Lagos though but Abuja. Did get caught in a military coup while there and the only place safe to sleep was in the hallway as it had no windows plus we had armed guards. Apart from that its okay
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  I'm still alive. Lived there for 3 years, not Lagos though but Abuja. Did get caught in a military coup while there and the only place safe to sleep was in the hallway as it had no windows plus we had armed guards. Apart from that its okay
                  Where do I sign?
                  We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
                  - Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
                  X