• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Weekend - yay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Weekend - yay

Any big plans for the weekend ?

Canoeing in Cumbria ?
    Skiing in Scandanavia ?
    Curling up with a hot toddy to watch the celebs in the jungle ?

I am taking my lad to see YES at the Apollo in Manchester, I have been looking forward to this for months

yay
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

My middle daughters 5th birthday on Sunday - yay!
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      Any big plans for the weekend ?

Canoeing in Cumbria ?
      Skiing in Scandanavia ?
      Curling up with a hot toddy to watch the celebs in the jungle ?

I am taking my lad to see YES at the Apollo in Manchester, I have been looking forward to this for months

yay
      YES - good choice

I saw them in 04 (just another saddo reliving lost youth) Anderson Squire Wakeman Howe White was the lineup - excellent show.
      If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Off to a birthday party in Liverpool on Saturday.

Prep work for an interview next Wednesday.

Need to box some things up/take some things apart for the house move.

A quiet weekend otherwise.
        (I think...)

Comment

"yes" - they're still about? nice one. i haven't heard them for yonks. hope you enjoy the gig.

Comment

I have my builder coming round Sunday : see how hes doing with the Tesco we are building.

Comment

Originally posted by scotspine View Post
              "yes" - they're still about? nice one. i haven't heard them for yonks. hope you enjoy the gig.
              my lad is 18 and he plays drums in a local band. He heard one of the tracks from Close to the edge and some ELP and he was very impressed. He reckons they used techniques back in the 70's that arn't used much in modern stuff.
              He was rattling on about off-beats and quarter notes or something
              So when I told him they were still touring, and we could get to see them, he got very exited

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                my lad is 18 and he plays drums in a local band. He heard one of the tracks from Close to the edge and some ELP and he was very impressed. He reckons they used techniques back in the 70's that arn't used much in modern stuff.
                He was rattling on about off-beats and quarter notes or something
                So when I told him they were still touring, and we could get to see them, he got very exited

Wait til he seems all those old women in tight lyrca who still think they're 21 and in the 70s, he'll be less excited.

Comment

Dim sum Saturday, roast rib of beef with all the trimmings Sunday.

Relaxing mostly and working on plan c which is now been slowly moved to plan B
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Daughters 3rd birthday party tomorrow. Will probably involve leading her and 15 others around a field on a pony in the rain a lot of the time.

Sunday - chill.

Comment

Working...
                    X