• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ag

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ag

Good idea/time to trade paper sterling for Silver?

Is Silver bullion a safe place to be?

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Good idea/time to trade paper sterling for Silver?

Is Silver bullion a safe place to be?
    Did my millionaire thread make you jealous?
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      Did my millionaire thread make you jealous?
      I don't want to be that poor again.

Comment

Americans seem to think investing in guns and ammo is safer.

I still can't help thinking that if the US and UK did tank big time, 'paper' gold and silver would be worthless and the holders of the real gold would be long gone.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

I still can't help thinking that if the US and UK did tank big time, 'paper' gold and silver would be worthless and the holders of the real gold would be long gone.
          Bullion vault in not paper gold. When you have enough for a 1KG bar you can even have that bar listed as yours. The company is just storing it for you. It's your gold.

If you are really worried, buy coins and bars and stick them under the bed. Just hope some scrote doesn't turn your place over.

Comment

Holders of the guns will become holders of the gold and silver

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
              Holders of the guns will become holders of the gold and silver
              Time to get a shotgun licence
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I was reading some guy's blog about surviving the economic crash in Argentina yesterday, which was quite interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Bullion vault in not paper gold. When you have enough for a 1KG bar you can even have that bar listed as yours. The company is just storing it for you. It's your gold.
                  That works fine as long as things only go a little bit pear-shaped, but if things get really ugly I think those guys will have loaded it up onto transit vans and whisked it away long before the looting/rioting/cannibalism starts. Basically it's everyone for themselves in times like those and sod the paperwork.

Comment

That works fine as long as things only go a little bit pear-shaped, but if things get really ugly I think those guys will have loaded it up onto transit vans and whisked it away long before the looting/rioting/cannibalism starts. Basically it's everyone for themselves in times like those and sod the paperwork.
                    Seriously, if you think things are going to get that bad you should be buying a small farm in a remote part of Wales or Scotland and then applying for a gun permit and buying generators, body-armour and night vision stuff from the Internet.

Comment

Working...
                    X