• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Global Climate Stagnation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Climate Stagnation

Global climate stagnation

hmm a new problem, we're all gearing up for global warming but the earth just aint playing ball.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

hmm a new problem, we're all gearing up for global warming but the earth just aint playing ball.
    I think the title says it all "Climatologists baffled"

And then the paragraph:
    At least the weather in Copenhagen is likely to be cooperating. The Danish Meteorological Institute predicts that temperatures in December, when the city will host the United Nations Climate Change Conference, will be one degree above the long-term average.

What does this mean? nothing! it can't possibly mean anything apart from the fact that temperatures aren't static. By Definition some temperature readings have to be above the average.
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      By Definition some temperature readings have to be above the average.
      Not true, if the temperature is 20 deg, always. The temp might not be above. ... I'll get my coat ... sorry to have lowered myself ... I'll move on.

Comment

the term climate 'change' is a tautology - the climate has always and will always change.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Que sasguru to tell us the government funded hand picked scientists behind the IPCC can't be wrong. 6 deg C warmer by next week, all doomed unless fuel duty rises 5000% a week.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            all doomed unless fuel duty rises 5000% a week.

Good idea... less poor on the roads, problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Que sasguru to tell us the government funded hand picked scientists behind the IPCC can't be wrong. 6 deg C warmer by next week, all doomed unless fuel duty rises 5000% a week.

where is the little fellow ?
              he cant be hibernating surely ? it's way too warm for that

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

The plot thickens....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...ils?CMP=AFCYAH

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
                  Wasn't me...
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                  X