PDA

View Full Version : Just had the swine flu jag

minestrone
20th November 2009, 18:59
All credit to the NHS for dealing with the job effectively, professionally and dealing with the blatant scaremongering produced by the press.

Too many people are too quick to get laid into the NHS for their faults but when the system works nobody is quick to say "well done".

Well done NHS.

Paddy
20th November 2009, 19:01
All credit to the NHS for dealing with the job effectively, professionally and dealing with the blatant scaremongering produced by the press.

Too many people are too quick to get laid into the NHS for their faults but when the system works nobody is quick to say "well done".

Well done NHS.

.. ah, you are old and venerable then.

Troll
20th November 2009, 19:01
Well done NHS.Make the most of it while you can, in it's current form I only expect it to last for 4-5 years more before imploding

TimberWolf
20th November 2009, 19:10
Make the most of it while you can, in it's current form I only expect it to last for 4-5 years more before imploding

I agree, the NHS is doomed. Either that or the UK economy is crippled. Very sad.

And a staggering amount of money was wasted on that flu drug. Was it really worth it?

norrahe
20th November 2009, 19:11
.. ah, you are old and venerable then.

or asthmatic :laugh

minestrone
20th November 2009, 19:14
The NHS is something this country should be proud of.

When the NHS dies and the BBC is gone as you all wish you will look back on this period as the last days of the empire.

Troll
20th November 2009, 19:17

When the NHS dies and the BBC is gone as you all wish you will look back on this period as the last days of the empire.deffo not for the BBC - the NHS - flawed concept overtaken by improvements in lifestyle and drug availability meaning increased life expectancy and too many immigrants arriving with congenital defects

Paddy
20th November 2009, 19:19

When the NHS dies and the BBC is gone as you all wish you will look back on this period as the last days of the empire.

I quite agree, it's a love hate relationship.

minestrone
20th November 2009, 19:21
deffo not for the BBC - the NHS - flawed concept overtaken by improvements in lifestyle and drug availability meaning increased life expectancy and too many immigrants arriving with congenital defects

The NHS is a flawed concept? Free health care to anyone that presents themselves in need of care? What is wrong with that? A shining becon of what this country should stand for.

Spacecadet
20th November 2009, 19:45
Just had the swine flu jag .

I hope it was the 3.0 V6 petrol, the 2 litre diesels leave a lot to be desired!

RichardCranium
20th November 2009, 19:50
I hope it was the 3.0 V6 petrol, the 2 litre diesels leave a lot to be desired!Diesel Ford Jags. Heap of wank. Travesty. Abomination.

As for the 3 litre jobbies, pah! It's a Mondeo in the wrong body shell.

centurian
20th November 2009, 20:07
The NHS is a flawed concept? Free health care to anyone that presents themselves in need of care? What is wrong with that? A shining becon of what this country should stand for.

Giving anything away for 'free' is a flawed concept because it creates it's own demand.

If a shop starts giving stuff away for free, they would be swamped, not because people actually needed the stuff being given away, but simply because it was free.

The NHS worked in the past because of people's sense of social responsibility stopped people from using resources that they didn't really need.

TheFaQQer
20th November 2009, 20:20
or asthmatic :laugh

or under 5.

minestrone
20th November 2009, 21:02
Giving anything away for 'free' is a flawed concept because it creates it's own demand.

If a shop starts giving stuff away for free, they would be swamped, not because people actually needed the stuff being given away, but simply because it was free.

The NHS worked in the past because of people's sense of social responsibility stopped people from using resources that they didn't really need.

The NHS is not the problem it seems, it is the absolute idiots that popluate the nation who have to be dealt with by the NHS.

dx4100
20th November 2009, 21:13
Wife is pregnant and been offered the jab. My head says its fine to get the jab but for some reason we are shit scared. Her mum doesn't want her to get it, my mum doesn't want her to get it and half the population doesn't want to get it....

Sticking your future kid with something so opposed right now is a difficult thing to do...

Tingles
20th November 2009, 21:22
Wife is pregnant and been offered the jab. My head says its fine to get the jab but for some reason we are tulip scared. Her mum doesn't want her to get it, my mum doesn't want her to get it and half the NHS staff doesn't want to get it....

Sticking your future kid with something so opposed right now is a difficult thing to do...

:eek

minestrone
20th November 2009, 21:32
Half the population believe the moon landings were a hoax, half the population left school with nothing. If we all lived with what half the population believed we would be more shafted than we already are.

I'm going to take the chance that the doctor that gave me the jab knew more about medicine that the thick imbecilic half brained half population that drives this nation's decisions.

Tingles
20th November 2009, 21:34
Half the population believe the moon landings were a hoax, half the population left school with nothing. If we all lived with what half the population believed we would be more shafted than we already are.

I'm going to take the chance that the doctor that gave me the jab knew more about medicine that the thick imbecilic half brained half population that drives this nation's decisions.

Doctors only believe and do what they are told.....

TimberWolf
20th November 2009, 21:36
Tamiflu-resistant swine flu spreads 'between patients' (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8370859.stm)

minestrone
20th November 2009, 21:39
Doctors only believe and do what they are told.....

Most doctors I know would understand that an ellipsis is 3 dots.

Tingles
20th November 2009, 21:40
Most doctors I know would understand that an ellipsis is 3 dots.

Sorry I haven't got a medical degree.....................................

dx4100
20th November 2009, 21:41

Its one thing sticking yourself and its another sticking your kid...

All said and done we will be getting the jab along the lines you say...it dose not stop me being worried...

minestrone
20th November 2009, 21:45
Tamiflu-resistant swine flu spreads 'between patients' (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8370859.stm)

Tamiflu do not make the jabs, they make anti virals.

If you want to look like an idiot keep posting.

minestrone
20th November 2009, 21:49
Its one thing sticking yourself and its another sticking your kid...

All said and done we will be getting the jab along the lines you say...it dose not stop me being worried...

Can someone find a link to a "how to use an apostrophe" online tutorial for this village idiot.

TimberWolf
20th November 2009, 21:49

If you want to look like an idiot keep posting.

You're a troll.

minestrone
20th November 2009, 21:51
You're a troll.

No, I am right.

dx4100
20th November 2009, 21:51
You're a troll.

and a idiot it would seem...

dx4100
20th November 2009, 21:52
Can someone find a link to a "how to use an apostrophe" online tutorial for this village idiot.

Grow up idiot...

RichardCranium
20th November 2009, 22:06

If you want to look like an idiot keep posting.I thought the Tamiflu post was relevant to this thread. I took it to mean:

"Don't have the jab if you want but don't be surprised if, when you get Swine Flu,the Tamiflu doesn't help".

shoes
20th November 2009, 22:22
Tamiflu typically reduces the length of the illness by up to one day providing it has been taken within a day of symptoms appearing. Not taking it doesn't make much difference.

You will probably get swine flu. If you do you will likely have a mild flu lasting a couple of days. You've probably already had it.

Having the jab definently exposes you to a risk. It might not even be effective.

Assuming the jab helps, the risk you take by not having it is of probably having an illness that will probably be mild for a couple of days.

No medicine is without risk or side effects. You take a risk either way.

minestrone
20th November 2009, 22:24
I thought the Tamiflu post was relevant to this thread. I took it to mean:

"Don't have the jab if you want but don't be surprised if, when you get Swine Flu,the Tamiflu doesn't help".

The thread, as was started, was meant to be about the NHS reponding to the flu.

minestrone
20th November 2009, 22:27
Tamiflu typically reduces the length of the illness by up to one day providing it has been taken within a day of symptoms appearing. Not taking it doesn't make much difference.

You will probably get swine flu. If you do you will likely have a mild flu lasting a couple of days. You've probably already had it.

Having the jab definently exposes you to a risk. It might not even be effective.

Assuming the jab helps, the risk you take by not having it is of probably having an illness that will probably be mild for a couple of days.

No medicine is without risk or side effects. You take a risk either way.

FFS.

And your medical degree came from?

shoes
20th November 2009, 22:29
FFS.

And your medical degree came from?

What are your qualifications?

TimberWolf
20th November 2009, 22:32
The thread, as was started, was meant to be about the NHS reponding to the flu.

Did you even read the link?

RichardCranium
20th November 2009, 22:32
The thread, as was started, was meant to be about the NHS reponding to the flu.Well, if the NHS is issuing Tamiflu that doesn't work, and since it first didn't work in an NHS hospital, it all seems pretty on-topic.

minestrone
20th November 2009, 22:35
What are your qualifications?

I'm not the one issuing medical advice.

minestrone
20th November 2009, 22:39
Well, if the NHS is issuing Tamiflu that doesn't work, and since it first didn't work in an NHS hospital, it all seems pretty on-topic.

So are you saying that the drug does not work? Why don't we email Roche that you are saying this on a public forum and see what their lawyers say.

shoes
20th November 2009, 22:41
I'm not the one issuing medical advice.

I'm stating the obvious fact that there are risks associated both with having the jab and with not having the jab. Everyone should do their own research and reach their own decision. I know several professionals in the field who wouldn't go near it. Others disagree.

You've done it now, If I were you I'd just try and forget about it.

ta ta

conned tractor
I don't know what to believe. Conspiracy theorists harping on about the dangers of squalene adjuvants present in the vaccine and such like or the seemingly self interested power hungry ****s that run this country.

And on that basis count me out.

As for the nhs...its good in theory but certainly has some 'issues'.

RichardCranium
So are you saying that the drug does not work? Why don't we email Roche that you are saying this on a public forum and see what their lawyers say.We can then point them at the BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8370859.stm).

And while we're knocking the NHS: "Three appear to have acquired the infection in hospital." :eyes

suityou01
20th November 2009, 22:43

Well done NHS.

So you don't believe the conspiracy theorists stance that the swine flu jab/jag is a slow burning death sentence to bring about population control? ;)

norrahe
20th November 2009, 22:45
I'll let you all know next week whe I have mine...... :eek

Not so sure about it, but am in an "at risk" category, so would have flu jabs anyway.

Will be consulting my medical friends about whether it's such a good idea or not

minestrone
20th November 2009, 22:48
I'm stating the obvious fact that there are risks associated both with having the jab and with not having the jab. Everyone should do their own research and reach their own decision. I know several professionals in the field who wouldn't go near it. Others disagree.

You've done it now, If I were you I'd just try and forget about it.

ta ta

No, you said...

"It might not even be effective"

You have no evidence to back up that claim. You just made that up.