• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NetworkersMSB

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NetworkersMSB

Who are these guys? Any thoughts, comments, miscellaneous abuse...
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Dunno, but there is (or used to be) an agency called MSB International.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I worked a contract through MSB - no issues, paid on time, etc.

They merged with/got taken over by Networkers International to become NetworkersMSB. Again, after that, no issues with them.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Dunno, but there is (or used to be) an agency called MSB International.
        MSB International were on my most hated list of all time. Very S3 like in their tactics. I seem to remember some long lost debates about them on here.

Comment

I'm currently in a contract through them, and after a minor delay paying my first invoice, they've been fine.

Networks MSB is a merge between MSB and Networkers International according to my emails anyway

They initially gave me a contract with the NetworksMSB name on it, but then had to change it to one that said Networkers International on it, supplier agreement was with NI.
          Last edited by jmo21; 21 November 2009, 10:03.

Comment

MSB used to be the most hated agency of all time.

Although there were one or two others that were even worse in their practices (e.g. Dart) MSB has always been there. That has given them the time to upset more people.

MSB proved time and time again that by being shysters in recruitment actually works.

They were one of the training grounds for recruiters. They brought in green sales people and trained them in the MSB method: "fling mud at the wall; some is bound to stick". They would fax over 100 CVs to recruiters,mostly completely unsuitable, to ensure you would not even see CVs from other agencies. They would be on the 'phone to recruiting managers hassling them all the time. They would rewrite your CV to match the job description and not tell you.

And if an agent did not perform, they were out. They would then go to another agency as "an experienced recruiter" and take their worst practice with them. Because MSB's turnover of staff was so high, they influenced the entire market's practices.

If, as a recruiter, you went to a new ClientCo and MSB were on the Preferred Supplier List (and they always were because of the bulltulip they told Personnel and the free lunches and drinks they dished out to HR Directors) you did your damnedest to get them off as you knew as soon as you had a requirement you would get no work done at all until you had recruited someone from MSB. Faxes and phone calls would never cease. They would even arrange interviews with candidates and then tell you they had done so to force you into interviewing people.

MSB were absolute bastards to do business with as an applicant, a candidate and as recruiting manager. But I never heard any complaints from the contractors they had placed.

And it is because of those really hard sales practices they have survived recession after recession.

However, I have had no dealings with them since they became NetworkersMSB so cannot comment on whether they have changed. Suck it and see for yourself...
            Last edited by RichardCranium; 21 November 2009, 10:46.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
            X