• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory peers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tory peers

The following news snippet probably has (with a bit of luck) little foundation in fact and more in making headlines out of nothing, but here it is for what it's worth anyway:

• Kirstie Allsopp who is believed to be in advanced discussions about accepting a peerage with a view to becoming Cameron’s housing minister
    • It’s thought the future Lady Vorderman may be lined up as a Tory education minister, with a seat in the Lords, in the new Conservative government

Countdown to Carol’s career as a Tory peer
    (emoticons mine)

If true, it looks like Liberals or nothing (probably the latter) for me at the next election.

Carol Vordeman mmm...

Is she still only 40?

Comment

I will not rest until the world realises who that CV woman really is.

madmad

Comment

If you don't like big party non-democracy then vote for a minor party or an independent.

(And no, I don't automatically mean BNP, I just mean don't mindlessly pick blue or red because grandaddy and daddy say they did.)
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Strange. The UK's newspaper of record for Tory Peers, aka The Daily Mail, has no mention of this at all.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
            Strange. The UK's newspaper of record for Tory Peers, aka The Daily Mail, has no mention of this at all.
            LMGTFY

E.g.:

Countdown to Carol’s career as a Tory peer

Carol Vorderman, former co-host of Countdown, was recently chosen to head a maths task force for David Cameron and on Tuesday she held a meeting with Richard Wainer, head of education and skills at the Confederation of British Industry, to discuss policy issues.

Vorderman’s admirers note that her role as an adviser on maths and skills is very similar to that of Location, Location, Location presenter Kirstie Allsopp who is believed to be in advanced discussions about accepting a peerage with a view to becoming Cameron’s housing minister.

It’s thought the future Lady Vorderman may be lined up as a Tory education minister, with a seat in the Lords, in the new Conservative government.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              Carol Vordeman mmm...

Is she still only 40?
              40 ?

can you make 40 with these numbers

3, 1, 1,6,8
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                40 ?

can you make 40 with these numbers

3, 1, 1,6,8
                8*(6-1)

Comment

Bread and circuses: The Next Generation.

What next, Simon Cowel to become Lord Cowel and head the ministry of culture?

The Conservatives have learnt a lot from the nonsense of nuLieBore. The scary thing is that it probably works; people in this country really are that stupid that they will fall for it.

Actually, it's a case of I'm off; you can kiss me.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                  X