• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

X Factor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X Factor

Ok, so most of the contestants have proved tonight that they are tone deaf and George Michael has switched off the telly in disgust.

But who would you vote for?

I got 2 bets just for fun:

Jedward - Couldnt resist the odds for an outsider. The British public might want to humiliate Simon Cowell when they roll home drunk from a few too many sherbets tonight.

Joe - To cover the cost of the bet on Jedward. Let's face it, Joe is the only one who can sing efortlessly in this competition.

Anyone else wins - I'll probably be crying into my mince pies at Christmas
    Last edited by SantaClaus; 21 November 2009, 22:53.
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Support real music. Turn that tulipe off.
    Last edited by Cowboy Bob; 22 November 2009, 00:28.
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Real music died after the 1980's. This is just a bit of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
        Real music died after the 1980's. This is just a bit of fun.
        Really? I think you'll find there are more live acts playing in more venues than any time since the 60's, maybe even more?
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

What was all that stuff about Joe singing an Elton song? Nobody piped in when Stacey sang a Bonnie Raitt song (even though it was written for her, technically the song Joe sung was written for Elton as well).

That afro guy sung Angel of Harlem recently but was told off for it not being a Big Band song, the previous song was Proud Mary written about a river boat in Louisiana by a bunch of self confessed red necks and nobody said anything to that. Angel Of Harlem always had a big band sound with a brass section being heavily used.

The fact that the judges have no idea of these facts shows how little they know about music.

That bloke who sung careless wipsa was never flat, Cheryl Cole should know more about singing flat than anyone as she seemed to excel in doing it a couple of weeks ago so she has some cheek pulling him up for that.

I actually thought that was the best song of the night.

Comment

Anyway, never really liked Queen's music, sort of good but not something I would listen to, but comparing these upstarts singing compared to Mercury's vocals completely shows the difference in quality to a real musical professional who has learned his trade over many years playing with bands.

Same happened with George Michael, you can see how far away they are from someone that is actually very good.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              What was all that stuff about Joe singing an Elton song?
              I bet more people associate that song with George Michael than Elton John - he had the far bigger hit with it (although technically it was a duet).

Louis was just being a plonker, although probably deliberate just to garner more attention etc. - which is what the show has always been about from day one, which people are only just waking up to this fact.

Good entertainment, but about as realistic as WWF.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                I bet more people associate that song with George Michael than Elton John - he had the far bigger hit with it (although technically it was a duet).

Louis was just being a plonker, although probably deliberate just to garner more attention etc. - which is what the show has always been about from day one, which people are only just waking up to this fact.

Good entertainment, but about as realistic as WWF.
                Will always be a George Michael song for me. I saw George and Elton performing the song live at Wembley years ago.

Comment

I was forced to watch this a couple of week's ago when I was visiting my sister. I was none to wiser afterwards. Sometimes I think I should watch it so that I understand what the permies are talking about on a Monday lunchtime...
                  Loopy Loo

Comment

Originally posted by lje View Post
                    Sometimes I think I should watch it so that I understand what the permies are talking about on a Monday lunchtime...
                    I've been doing a part-time gig for about 2 months now, and have not heard a single mention of "Jedward", for which I am most thankful. The company is 100% male, only 1 person there is not a techie though, so that probably explains it.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X