• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fallen bridges.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fallen bridges.

Boy ...climate change is going to hit this country hard. If bridges fall on some excess water.. How is then all the Iranian and Iraqi oil going to help ?

There is nothing new about bridges being damaged or washed away in heavy rain. It is not a portent of the world being about to end.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      There is nothing new about bridges being damaged or washed away in heavy rain. It is not a portent of the world being about to end.
      shhh! dont tell them. This is the younger generation, nothing ever happened before, it's all new.
      They even invented the blow job

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        shhh! dont tell them. This is the younger generation, nothing ever happened before, it's all new.
        They even invented the blow job

And let's not forget X-Factor...

Simon Cowell - the Mickey Most of the Noughties
        Last edited by cojak; 23 November 2009, 07:59.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by newblood View Post
          Boy ...climate change is going to hit this country hard. If bridges fall on some excess water.. How is then all the Iranian and Iraqi oil going to help ?
          These bridges would still be standing if we all paid more Carbon taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            These bridges would still be standing if we all paid more Carbon taxes.
            Last weeks 'Spooks' storyline made I larf, eco terrorists saying big business and governments were secretly trying to discredit the AGW argument by spreading lies.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ja...lobal-warming/

So the 4x4 drivers are innocent after all?

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                Last weeks 'Spooks' storyline made I larf, eco terrorists saying big business and governments were secretly trying to discredit the AGW argument by spreading lies.
                It only took two episodes of Spooks to convince me that it was full of propaganda. Haven't bothered with it since.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                X