• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tories lead diminishes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tories lead diminishes

Labour Government?

hmm so what's up then?

are we going to have a hung parliament?
    I'm alright Jack

Stupid population - Labour is not applying the cuts that the OECD says need to happen urgently, and which his own "Fiscal Responsibility" bill will demand, hence no public-spending pain, hence "hooray we're boomed!!"

Comment

There was some New Labour tart on the radio yesterday complaining the Tories might get in and so get the credit for the economy recovering which it will next year purely because of what New Labour has done to make it recover.

Wouldn't it be great if the Monster Raving Loony Party could win and get the credit instead? (yeah, is if a recovery is going to happen next year. what's going to happen? Will Britain have a long lost elderly relative die and leave us £500,000,000,000 in their will?)
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Everyone borrowed to live a lifestyle well beyond their means.

When they could no longer afford that level of debt, the banks took on the losses and they could no longer afford to operate.

When this happened the government took on the debt and added it to their own unsustainable debt.

The government then sat on this mountain of debt awaiting the general election.

The result is very little pain to the main in the street, infact the QE and low interest rates means most people are better off post Credit Crunch than before.

What's not to like?

Labour have won the election, no doubt.

Comment

That's not quite the full story, as yet most feckless idiots who borrowed off the self cert arms of the banks have not gone bust. All we have bailed out is the banks who gambled on the US subprime. Interesting times.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Good. I was beginning to fear that public school boy/Bullingdon Bully Camera-on was going to be PM (FFS!). the country does not have time to wait for him to have an idea, or even a clue. He wanted less boost to the economy, remember, not more as Brown led the world in doing to save the economy.

I was planning to emigrate if the Tories got in but now I may be able to stay. Though really this country is still so unequal and unjust that Labour have so much work still to do, they really need a good majority. We might have to settle for a small one, though. At least when Brown/Darling's recovery kicks in during the next parliament, that should cement their victory in the following election.
            Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
              Good. I was beginning to fear that public school boy/Bullingdon Bully Camera-on was going to be PM (FFS!). the country does not have time to wait for him to have an idea, or even a clue. He wanted less boost to the economy, remember, not more as Brown led the world in doing to save the economy.

I was planning to emigrate of the Tories got in but now I may be able to stay. Though really this country is still so unequal and unjust that Labour have so much work still to do, they really need a good majority. We might have to settle for a small one, though. At least when Brown/Darling's recovery kicks in during the next parliament, that should cement their victory in the following election.
              Well said that man! Ever thought of being minister for fairness?

Things can only get better, can only get better.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                That's not quite the full story, as yet most flipless idiots who borrowed off the self cert arms of the banks have not gone bust. All we have bailed out is the banks who gambled on the US subprime. Interesting times.
                Indeed. Has debt run up by the UK itself (mortgages, credit cards etc) been addressed yet?
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I was planning to emigrate if the Tories got in but now I may be able to stay. Though really this country is still so unequal and unjust that Labour have so much work still to do, they really need a good majority. We might have to settle for a small one, though. At least when Brown/Darling's recovery kicks in during the next parliament, that should cement their victory in the following election.
                  Well said Tarkus! You forgot to add that the chocolate ration will be increased from 12 ounces to nine following the landmark fourth victory

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

...Camera-on...

I've not noticed that painfully-obvious-now play on his name before. D'oh!

Comment

Working...
                    X