• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unbelievable II

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbelievable II

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...nals-home.html

The taxpayer is having to fund millions of pounds a year to "bribe" foreign murderers, rapists and other prisoners to go home after a 60 per cent jump in cases.

One in four of the foreign criminals who were deported last year only went home after being offered a voluntary return package worth up to £5,000.

It means ministers spent £3.4 million of public money encouraging offenders who have no right to be in Britain to leave.

Only under Labour do we get the situation where we have openly encouraged and completely unchecked immigration followed by paying rapists and murderers to leave after they have committed a crime here.

You've gotta love Labour.

£5k seems cheap if they feck off for good. Much less than keeping them in prison or paying out benefits.

Sounds like a good scheme to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      £5k seems cheap if they flip off for good. Much less than keeping them in prison or paying out benefits.

You've thought this through haven't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        £5k seems cheap if they flip off for good. Much less than keeping them in prison or paying out benefits.

dont let them in in the first place, avoid the crime and save £5k as well.

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

No, double the payoff to £10K and get rid of twice as many.

Who needs controlled immigration!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            No, double the payoff to £10K and get rid of twice as many.

Who needs controlled immigration!

immigration with screening good

forced repatriation with screaming bad

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

It is working sometimes though.

(For us, that is...)

For the less academic amongst us...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

£5k???????

bullets are cheap surely...

So surely it should be like

Uk Police :- Ok Mr Convicted Rapist/Murderer as you are an illegal immigrant in this country we are going to deport you.

Dodgy Illegal Immigrant :- Oh no thats against my human rights - unless you give me £5k.

Uk Police :- BLAM

Problem solved??

What am I missing???

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

Who do you not let in? Just the people who tick the "I'm likely to commit a murder, rape or other serious crime" box on the form?
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    Who do you not let in? Just the people who tick the "I'm likely to commit a murder, rape or other serious crime" box on the form?
                    The people who are likely to commit these crimes are also the people who are likely to try to con their way in. Screen out one and you screen out the other. Check for a crimminal record
                    check their background. We do all this before we let a home-grown 60 year old fully qualified nurse get an agency job in this country, so why should we do less when looking at a potential immigrant ?

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                    X