• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Evildoers in Iraq

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evildoers in Iraq

According to The White House, list of the evildoers in Iraq who have to be defeated before outright victory can be declared.

"Rejectionists" - primarily Sunni Arabs who fared well under Saddam but have lost influence and authority. The US says their resistance will fade if a new democratic government protects minority rights

"Saddamists" who were active members of the former regime. The US expects their power to fade to the point where Iraqi security forces can defeat them

"Terrorists" associated with al-Qaeda who want to establish a totalitarian Islamic empire, and who must be killed or captured through counter-terror operations.
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

And your point is?

Comment

I don't see why "rejectionists" (i.e. those who disagree with the wording of the new constitution) have to be "defeated". Doesn't smack much of the introduction of democracy to me if the freedom to peacefully disagree is seen as an "evil that has to be defeated" and that those who disagree are "evildoers".

Comment

Thought this was a thread about the use of Napalm and White Phosphorous in Iraq.

But Here is another category

RELATIVES seeking revenge

Of the 100 thousand who lost their lives thanks to an war based on lies.

Minor detail I know.

Comment

Well the rejectionists are not voicing their disagreements through peaceful means are they?
          Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

And we were?

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
              Well the rejectionists are not voicing their disagreements through peaceful means are they?
              There are plenty of people who have rejected the new constitution by means of peaceful protest (e.g. by not voting), i.e. they are "rejectionists". If they are using violent means, that would put them in the "terrorist" category above, surely?

Rejectionists, Saddamists and Terrorists were the three categories of "evildoers" presented. I find it alarming that those who simply do not agree with the constitution are somehow "evil".

Comment

Do you think a guy who was blown to pieces or died from white phosfor (sp?) burning through his face to his brain cares about which category his death will be accounted in?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                  Do you think a guy who was blown to pieces or died from white phosfor (sp?) burning through his face to his brain cares about which category his death will be accounted in?
                  I'm sure he doesn't. I'm sure you don't also think that if he disgreed with the new constitution that made him "an evil that must be defeated" unlike some in the White House or friend Chico here.

Comment

Working...
                  X