• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fox-Hunting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fox-Hunting

I never have been, or would want to go to, a hunt.
    But I like the idea that the Tories will repeal/amend the law to allow the hunts to get back out there doing their stuff

I really hate the class warriors like Brown and Harman et al.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I never have been, or would want to go to, a hunt.
    But I like the idea that the Tories will repeal/amend the law to allow the hunts to get back out there doing their stuff

I really hate the class warriors like Brown and Harman et al.

I don't disagree with controlling the fox population if it can be proven that there is a credible need, what I do disagree with is the inhumane way fox hunts go about it. Making sport out of taking the life of any living thing is fundamentally abhorrent to me. If they need to culled, call in the marksmen.
    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
      I don't disagree with controlling the fox population if it can be proven that there is a credible need, what I do disagree with is the inhumane way fox hunts go about it. Making sport out of taking the life of any living thing is fundamentally abhorrent to me. If they need to culled, call in the marksmen.
      If you see the result of foxes you'd change your mind. Horrid vermin deserve all they get. They are almost as bad as Labour supporters.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
        Shooting them can often be worse for them. You can seriously wound them and they might not die for days, they are also nocturnal and shooting at night is not ideal.

When you see what a fox will do if it gets in a hen house you will not have any qualms about setting the dogs on them. Too many people think they are just mini lassie dogs, they are brutal little animals that will kill for the fun of it.

Comment

I'm not sure I like the idea of "marksmen" out shooting at night.

The hunt is akin to a predator weeding out the weaker ones. No different from if Wolves or Bears were hunting the foxes.

Comment

minestrone is right. Dogs do a much quicker job.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
              minestrone is right. Dogs do a much quicker job.
              I think the OP meant that the legislation was nothing to do with animal welfare, but a petty, mean-spirited, vindictive, spiteful attack on perceived class enemies

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                The hunt is akin to a predator weeding out the weaker ones.
                So by natural selection, hunting leaves only the supervulpines which will wreak even more chicken havoc.

Comment

I think so too. And it's a rubbish bit of class warfare because most of the people who went on hunts were as far away from upper class as you could imagine.
                  Actually, it worked out more like rural v urban warfare, like in the good old Whig v Tory days.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Shooting them can often be worse for them. You can seriously wound them and they might not die for days, they are also nocturnal and shooting at night is not ideal.

When you see what a fox will do if it gets in a hen house you will not have any qualms about setting the dogs on them. Too many people think they are just mini lassie dogs, they are brutal little animals that will kill for the fun of it.

I used to go out shooting them as a kid, I hate the things, they are northing but flea ridden vermin.

If you see what a fox can do to a sheep when it's giving birth ( my family had a sheep farm), and what it does to the newborn, it's not nice.

What bugs me more is the townies who leave out food for them in suburban areas as they think they are sooo cute and then wonder why the next doors neighbours rubbish is all over their front lawn the next morning.

Fox hunting, is all about innate snobbery, it's a horrible thing for an animal to go through that. So is hare coursing and badger baiting.

But what the ban boils down to is labours pretence to be all about the working classes when all they have been doing is fleecing small businesses and lining the pockets of the big corporations
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X