• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Video games break human rights

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video games break human rights

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8373794.stm

you couldn't make this tulip up

Next week, Mario critisized for encouraging kids to jump on each others heads
    Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8373794.stm

you couldn't make this tulip up

Human rights groups played various games to see if any broke humanitarian laws that govern what is a war crime.
    Muppets. I bet they were cr@p players.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
      Muppets. I bet they were cr@p players.
      A lot of them didn't have fingers and thumbs. Just paws.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        A lot of them didn't have fingers and thumbs. Just paws.
        Ah, I see.

That will certainly hinder performance.
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          “Video games dont influence kids, if pac man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music”.

Can't find a source of the quote. Sorry.

Comment

I hate it when articles open "x has come under fire..." and then you find out they only meant it metaphorically. Same with "blasted".

Comment

Have you played UN Mandate on the XBox. It's a corker. Hours spent checking text to ensure the symantics are correct to get the document through the security council. Then and only then should you cosider the next game. Rules Of Engagement where your heavily armed squaddies can't help people being shot right in front of them.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                Have you played UN Mandate on the XBox. It's a corker. Hours spent checking text to ensure the symantics are correct to get the document through the security council. Then and only then should you cosider the next game. Rules Of Engagement where your heavily armed squaddies can't help people being shot right in front of them.
                The study was carried out by two Swiss human rights organisations - Trial and Pro Juventute. Staff played the games in the presence of lawyers skilled in the interpretation of humanitarian laws.
                No but I have played 'Battlefield: Bad Company' where the objective is to steal your opponents gold by means of battle, admittedly the Swiss didn't do the fighting but were quite happy to store the loot.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Anyone else thinking Mary Whitehouse woulda loved these guys?
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Good job they didn't check out Grand Theft Auto
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X