• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which IPod ??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which IPod ??

Mrs K78 has written to Father Xmas requesting an IPod this year - however with such a wide range of choice between Ipod Touch/Nano/Player this is all very confusing.

Can anyone advise what the best type to buy is as we know nothing at all about this - we are not after anything flashy

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Mrs K78 has written to Father Xmas requesting an IPod this year - however with such a wide range of choice between Ipod Touch/Nano/Player this is all very confusing.

Can anyone advise what the best type to buy is as we know nothing at all about this - we are not after anything flashy
    IPod Touch every time. Apparently, there will be support for FM Radio in a future release. I bought mine from the US a few weeks back. Have watched Stargate Universe on it. Pretty good quality.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Perhaps Father Xmas should write back requesting details of which iPod Mrs K78 would like.

Comment

I've got ipod touch and it's great. Nice big (relatively!) screen for maps, internet, films on the train and YouTube. But it is as flashy as they come.
        Only negatives are
        -memory size if you've got an absolutely immense music collection (the ipod classic has several times more space)
        -the touch-screen means you can't control it without taking it out of your pocket, looking at it and fumbling around
        -it's big and slippery, so no good for jogging etc. But I liked the Touch so much I didn't resent splashing £25 on a Shuffle too.

Comment

Find out what colour she wants - then buy anything that matches. The technical bits are irrelevant.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

iPhone 3GS 32GB, or iPod Touch if she doesn't want a phone.

If future expenditure is a consideration, bear in mind that she will end up wanting the iPhone after using the iPod Touch for a while.

There's also the risk that she'll want the iPod Touch after using a lesser iPod for a while. Then she'll end up wanting the iPhone.

If you want to avoid buying an iPhone at all costs, get one of these. Otherwise, just get the iPhone and be done with it. That's probably what she's hinting at anyway

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Otherwise, just get the iPhone and be done with it. That's probably what she's hinting at anyway
              I can see why you're single: too smart to be entrapped!

Presumably one of her friends who has such a gadget has put the idea in her head. My wife's best friend and I often collaborate on what to get the Missus; it saves us both money.

Can you find out which friend it is that has suggested said gadget, and find out which gadget it is they have suggested your wife cannot live without?

(Failing that, Wikipedia's iPod entry is remarkably helpful for a consumer product description and it explains the different models.)
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

classic. then you can carry a dozen sheds of music around with you. the touch is a nice gadget but hasn't got the storage capacity.

keep your library clean and up to date. and keep backups.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  iPhone 3GS 32GB, or iPod Touch if she doesn't want a phone.

If future expenditure is a consideration, bear in mind that she will end up wanting the iPhone after using the iPod Touch for a while.

There's also the risk that she'll want the iPod Touch after using a lesser iPod for a while. Then she'll end up wanting the iPhone.

If you want to avoid buying an iPhone at all costs, get one of these. Otherwise, just get the iPhone and be done with it. That's probably what she's hinting at anyway
                  I reckon a new iPhone will be out within 9 months... so it may be worth getting an iPod Touch now and then a iPhone next year.
                  If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Thanks all - decided to go for Ipod Nono (5th generation of course).
                    Want to get some speakers as well - any recommendations ?

Comment

Working...
                    X