• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The liars are still at it.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The liars are still at it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8375576.stm

Three UK groups studying climate change have issued an unprecedented statement about the dangers of failing to cut emissions of greenhouse gases.

The Royal Society, Met Office, and Natural Environment Research Council say the science underpinning climate change is more alarming than ever.

They say the 2007 UK floods, 2003 heatwave in Europe and recent droughts were consistent with emerging patterns.

Their comments came ahead of crunch UN climate talks in Copenhagen next month.

Since when did a few isolated extreme weather incidents become climate?

It's like we never had weather before, the world has never had a flood, never had a heatwave.

I mean, 1976 is still the hottest UK summer on record and that was 30 years ago and we've had a LOT of Carbon into the atmosphere since then.

Every time the wind blows, the rain falls, we now get these idiots drumming out the tired old "It's all your Carbon wot dun this" lies, ahead of a meeting to set taxes.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    The Royal Society, Met Office, and Natural Environment Research Council say the alarmists underpinning climate change are more alarming than ever.
    FTFY
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Dear Sir,

I went out for a brisk walk the other day and felt a bit warm. Is this more evidence of global warming?

Mr P. Flaps
      Wokingham

Comment

I thought is was all because of el nino?

Anyhoo, as a kid growing up in the 80s I know we are all going to die of either Aids or a nuclear bomb soon so no point worrying about anything.

That's of course asuming the eggs don't get us first.

Comment

Nuclear Weapons: No threat there, just ask the Japanese.

Aids: No threat???? Are you really THAT stupid

Global Warming: It is irrefutable now. You are a science air-head if you don't believe it. But maybe you should wait for the 10% of the human-race who are dislocated due to rising sea-levels to come round to your house before you believe.

The rain in Cumbria was an isolated weather incident, but global warming is real and rest assured that humans are causing it and that it is having profound effects on the ecosystem of this planet.

If you don't agree please feel free to say so on www.iamamoron.com.

using the following credentials

Username: Jeremy
          Password: Clarkson
          Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

But maybe you should wait for the 10% of the human-race who are dislocated due to rising sea-levels to come round to your house before you believe.
            Ahh, I wondered where Gordon was going to find the extra 20,000,000 immigrants that are planned a place here over the next few years.

Sorted!

Comment

They did not only massage the data but even programmed the data to make it look nasty.

Here they are discussing it

http://www.tickerforum.org/cgi-ticke...118625&page=13

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
                Global Warming: It is irrefutable now. You are a science air-head if you don't believe it. But maybe you should wait for the 10% of the human-race who are dislocated due to rising sea-levels to come round to your house before you believe.
                Dear Sir,

Given the doom-mongers' reports that Antarctica is losing ice the size of Wales every year, and the Arctic ice-sheet is only half as big as it was, why aren't sea-levels already rising and dislocating them?

Mr S. Air-Head
                London

Comment

Great article here from a global warming doom-sayer.

The article starts: "WHEN I was a postdoc, I was often short of money and used to earn a little extra cash by telling fortunes using a pack of 15th-century tarot cards...."

About the author: "Alun Anderson is a consultant (and former editor-in-chief and publishing director) at New Scientist"

ffs
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The article starts: "WHEN I was a postdoc, I was often short of money and used to earn a little extra cash by telling fortunes using a pack of 15th-century tarot cards....Then I discovered that the government would pay me a very large salary to create unfathomable statistical models of the climate as long as the output showed the world was warming. When the model showed no warming, the government was not interested in paying me to play with numbers anymore."

FTFY

Comment

Working...
                    X