• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

U2 to play Glastonbury Friday slot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U2 to play Glastonbury Friday slot

The traditional Friday evening slot for up and coming bands such as Arctic Monkeys, Kings of Leon etc. has been confirmed to be filled by U2 for Glasto 2010, Glastonbury's 40th anniversary year and highly rumoured to be Michael Eavis' last before he hands it over to his daughter Emily..

Linky

Farmer Eavis has been quoted as saying there will be 'three or four superstars' and adding, "The expectations are really high and we're trying to get the best headliners in the world."

I have tickets

Other strong rumours for the Saturday and Sunday slots are Bob Dylan, Rolling Stones, Madonna or Led Zepplin
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

U2 are past it and bono's head is so far up his own hole it hasn't been seen since 1994
    We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
    - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
      U2 are past it and bono's head is so far up his own hole it hasn't been seen since 1994
      WHS.

Utter crap.

Comment

What a tedious choice - just shows the current doledrums of modern music and the lack of imagination of those at Glasgtonburywho select the bands - I suppose the legendary Kaiser Chiefs will also be there for our delight.

Comment

Madonna FFS!

Comment

Mrs Singh and her girlfriends are going and will be thrilled. I for one would rather stick pins in my eyes than watch that chump and his mates, although Lemon has quite a good bass line.

Comment

Geez tough crowd with you lot..

Ok, so who would you say would be worthy to headline the fri,sat,sun slots for the 40th anniversary of Glastonbury and Eavis' last ever festival?

What 3 acts (that are alive) would have you wanting to get tickets or else watch from the comfort of your home.
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                Geez tough crowd with you lot..

Ok, so who would you say would be worthy to headline the fri,sat,sun slots for the 40th anniversary of Glastonbury and Eavis' last ever festival?

What 3 acts (that are alive) would have you wanting to get tickets or else watch from the comfort of your home.
                Pink floyd
                Yes
                Morrissey
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                  The traditional Friday evening slot for up and coming bands such as Arctic Monkeys, Kings of Leon etc. has been confirmed to be filled by U2 for Glasto 2010, Glastonbury's 40th anniversary year and highly rumoured to be Michael Eavis' last before he hands it over to his daughter Emily..

Linky

Farmer Eavis has been quoted as saying there will be 'three or four superstars' and adding, "The expectations are really high and we're trying to get the best headliners in the world."

I have tickets

Other strong rumours for the Saturday and Sunday slots are Bob Dylan, Rolling Stones, Madonna or Led Zepplin

Dear Lord are we back in the 80's again?
                  - which incidently is the last time I went to Glastobury
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Bono claps his hand every three seconds: "Every time I clap my hands a child in Africa dies"

Wag in crowd: "Stop clapping then, you heartless bastard"
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X