• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

M62 traffic management

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M62 traffic management

Any fellow M62 commuters here?

Do you think the traffice management system that they are building, based on the M42 will work?

I would like to think so as this stretch (J24-26) gets mobbed from 7am!

Would be nice to lie-in from 5:30am to 6am.....

Firstly it will cause havoc while they are setting it up. The M42 was a pain when they were putting in the infrastructure - the overhead speed cameras and the refuge areas. Plus you get the pleasure of driving on a near empty motorway at 7 pm with the variable speed limit down to 50 because some pilock has either not turned it off or forgot to change the timer.

When I used to do that journey I'd use the slip roads a lot. When it starts building up, around the first huddersfield turn off I'd leave the motorway and take the A road that runs parrallel. Then rejoin at the second huddersfield turning. Then I'd get off again at brighouse and rejoin using the same junction. Then drive round the back of the services and then use the slip road at the last junction before my exit onto the M621.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Meh

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        Meh
        WHS
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

My experience of the M25 and M42 is that they do seem to work, though you often end up sprinting between the gantries and then slamming on your brakes for the next camera.

Not done the M42 regularly in rush hour, but enough other times to know what it can be like and being able to use four lanes obviously does help. All the initial scaremongering about how using the hard shoulder would mean accidents by the dozen has been proved to be nonsense.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

A friend sent me a photo of a horrible highway accident in Germany .

The picture may be kind of hard to take for some of you, if you look closely you can see what appear to be some survivors of the accident still in the wreckage.

Although the picture is quite graphic, it makes you realize how quickly our loved ones can be taken from us. My friend stayed on the scene to help and even though he performed mouth to mouth on quite a few of them, none apparently survived.

Linky (SFW)

Comment

It must be happening at my end also !?! Jn 10-12 hard shoulder is all coned and yellow cameras going up. So they are going to use the hard shoulder as a lane ? Sounds good to me.

Comment

The picture may be kind of hard to take for some of you, if you look closely you can see what appear to be some survivors of the accident still in the wreckage.

Although the picture is quite graphic, it makes you realize how quickly our loved ones can be taken from us. My friend stayed on the scene to help and even though he performed mouth to mouth on quite a few of them, none apparently survived.

Linky (SFW)

that is sick.
                bodies littered everywhere, shattered remains and body fluids. Yeuk

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

Not done the M42 regularly in rush hour, but enough other times to know what it can be like and being able to use four lanes obviously does help. All the initial scaremongering about how using the hard shoulder would mean accidents by the dozen has been proved to be nonsense.
                  I have, and the accidents on it at peak time mean that I started to use the M69/A46/M40 instead.

Nightmare...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Linky (SFW)

I liked that
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X