• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Still waiting...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still waiting...

Interview last wednesday went OK; agent just called and said they found me a strong candidate but have 2 more candidates tomorrow and thursday; then they decide. I'm not used to waiting this long, but it could be a really good gig.

Cross fingers and hope.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Fingers crossed, but I hate that "we have a few others to interview" line. I usually take that to mean keep looking - if they thought I was that good, then why the need to continue interviews?
    The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

I'm lucky, they usually can't find anyone else to interview.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by TriggerHippy View Post
        Fingers crossed, but I hate that "we have a few others to interview" line. I usually take that to mean keep looking - if they thought I was that good, then why the need to continue interviews?
        They have to interview 2 people from each company on the PSL.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          They have to interview 2 people from each company on the PSL.
          That's quite a bit of competition. You'll have earned this one if you get it. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by TriggerHippy View Post
            Yip, usually means you are boderline. They want to keep you hanging on as you are in the possible list. If you were perfect for the job, you'd be offered it there and then. Now this isn't necessary based on your skills and ability it could be a multitude of reasons.

Best of luck anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
              So they have to resort to interviewing you
              Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
                Yip, usually means you are boderline. They want to keep you hanging on as you are in the possible list. If you were perfect for the job, you'd be offered it there and then. Now this isn't necessary based on your skills and ability it could be a multitude of reasons.

Best of luck anyway.
                Yes, or else they´re enjoying the luxury of a market with plentiful supply and think maybe the ideal match is to be found somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
                  So they have to resort to interviewing you
                  Works for me
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                    At least your job is secure ....... no one else wants it.
                    The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

Working...
                    X