• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows 2007 and my Vaio

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 2007 and my Vaio

I've gone and installed XP once more.

Lost so much capability using 2007 on the vaio, built in features would not function, drivers did not exist to support my hardware. yadda yadda...

Took me about 2 days to install everything that was required for XP to run smoothly.

Honestly.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Did the same. And you are right the functionality is down, but still you don't have sh*tty vista on there, so all good.

Comment

I had the same problem with one of my PC's.

Almost none of the hardware had drivers for Win 7.

Buy a Mac. A big one.

Comment

When was Windows 2007 released?
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

get a mac?
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            When was Windows 2007 released?
            We've just had 7, and apparently 8 is scheduled for 2012. So sticking to the same schedule it should be in the year 8009 (by which time The Earth will be ruled by apes and the only humans left will either be slaves, or live underground and worship an unexploded nuclear missile).

Or something.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              We've just had 7, and apparently 8 is scheduled for 2012. So sticking to the same schedule it should be in the year 8009 (by which time The Earth will be ruled by apes and the only humans left will either be slaves, or live underground and worship an unexploded nuclear missile).

Or something.
              At least TPD will still be going strong....
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                At least TPD will still be going strong....
                TPD probably launched the missile at General in the first place.

Comment

do they advise you to use the Vista driver for 7 if there is no 7 driver?
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                    do they advise you to use the Vista driver for 7 if there is no 7 driver?
                    Yes, but for some hardware, it fails to load correctly and so you end up with no driver.

Comment

Working...
                    X