• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

dog

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dog

thinking bout buying a dog / pup for the missus.

any advice ?

Don't.

Comment

Don't buy one, rescue one from a shelter.

Comment

Originally posted by bandit_legs View Post
        thinking bout buying a dog / pup for the missus.

any advice ?

Whatever breed you get, get a proper metal crate for it to sleep in at night. It will save you no end of grief and aggravation.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Get a Mac^H^H^H cat
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
            WHS +1

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
              damaged good though eh? id rather one fresh out of the womb, i can train and abuse. no point in abusing the already damaged eh?

Comment

My son wants one, if you want a list of reasons why it's not a good idea let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by bandit_legs View Post
                  damaged good though eh? id rather one fresh out of the womb, i can train and abuse. no point in abusing the already damaged eh?
                  More likely to be ready trained and house broken. Any reputable rescue center will know what the dogs in their care are like and will not let them go to a home that isnt prepared for them.

If you really want a puppy ( it's far more work than you think it's going to be ) then rescues usually have a fair few as well. Pregnant females are regularly abandoned because their "owners" dont want to deal with it.

We got our two pups last month from a rescue center. Their mum was handed in when pregnant as her owner couldnt cope because her husband had just gone to jail and she was pregnant as well.

Comment

Buy two. They like having company.

Comment

Working...
                    X