• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Legally Take Home 100% of your Earnings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Become self-employed
    2. Take earnings of say £5400 per annum so that you are below the tax threshold
    3. Put all remaining income into a pension scheme.

Upside - you will be very rich when you retire
    Downside - you will have a very boring life for many years trying to live on £103.84 per week. Possibly you may starve and/or be forced to live in a cardboard box.

OK, how about 85%. As above but you will have slightly more to live on OR you will need to spend 50% of your income each week on business expenses. Alternatively you could lie about your expenses, claim 50% of your income anyway and then expire early having worried yourself to death for many years about the prospect of being bankrupted by HMR&C when they find out what you have been doing.

OK, how about 80-85%. As above, but forget the expenses and use a dodgy offshore scheme instead - for more information about the wonderful financial incentives surrounding this scheme please see any threads on this site with BN66 in the title.

HTH
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

OK, how about: having a business that distributes it's products over the net, moving the whole operation to one of the tax-havens with 0% and keep everything you earn.

N.B. Not that it's anything like what I do. I am purely in the UK to receive medical treatment and not working in anyway.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
      1. Become self-employed
      2. Take earnings of say £5400 per annum so that you are below the tax threshold
      3. Put all remaining income into a pension scheme.
      Not a bad idea as you get older though, especially as you can take a 25% tax free lump sum once you are over 55.

It would work pretty well for employees too, except for NICs.

Comment

Legally take home 110% of your earnings....

Join an umbrella that promises 85% then go out and steal enough to make up the extra 25%.

Simple......

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
          Not a bad idea as you get older though, especially as you can take a 25% tax free lump sum once you are over 55.

It would work pretty well for employees too, except for NICs.
          I'm pretty sure that pension contributions come out pre NICs as well, so the plan would work - assuming you can live on the peanuts.

Comment

Be a very rich person like most top business dudes.

Comment

I operate through my own limited. I am an employee, and so is my wife. I am the sole shareholder.

I take home 100% of my current earnings, and have done for the past three months.

This is 100% legal - there is a dead easy, no-quibble way to do this. HMRC can't catch me - there is no scam, there is nothing offshore. And none of it goes into a pension pot.

You just need to know exactly what you are doing.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                My guess is not a lot?

Comment

I operate through my own limited. I am an employee, and so is my wife. I am the sole shareholder.

I take home 100% of my current earnings, and have done for the past three months.

This is 100% legal - there is a dead easy, no-quibble way to do this. HMRC can't catch me - there is no scam, there is nothing offshore. And none of it goes into a pension pot.

You are Phillip Green - I claim my £5 Burtons tokens...

Comment

I take home 100% of my current earnings, and have done for the past three months. This is 100% legal - there is a dead easy, no-quibble way to do this. HMRC can't catch me - there is no scam, there is nothing offshore. And none of it goes into a pension pot. You just need to know exactly what you are doing.
                    Ya boo sucks to you! I've been doing that since April. (using the same scheme )
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X