• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Climate Change Causes War

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climate Change Causes War

Apparently

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8375949.stm

The researchers used databases of temperatures across sub-Saharan Africa for the period between 1981 and 2002, and looked for correlations between above average warmth and civil conflict in the same country that left at least 1,000 people dead.
    In that period the population of many African countries has also doubled.
    Obviously stretched resources due to massive over population/intensive farming and deforestation could never be the cause.
    Last edited by Spacecadet; 24 November 2009, 18:46.
    Coffee's for closers

You cynic you!
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Wouldn't it be amazing if the world could come together to tackle over-population the way it has done climate change. Not that the two are remotely connected of course

UK to set an example? Yeah, we have a government obsessed with increasing its own population without limit while professing to be committed to tackling climate change. Demographics schmemographics.

Comment

After the insider leaked those CRU emails, I think you will see and hear the sounds of a 1000's AGW barrels being scraped quite vigorously.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          After the insider leaked those CRU emails, I think you will see and hear the sounds of a 1000's AGW barrels being scraped quite vigorously.
          It is true they doing something quite vigorously. W1nkers.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
          X