• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone worried about the Hadron Collider reboot ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone worried about the Hadron Collider reboot ?

Its been out of commission since Oct 2008, now its been re-started with the experiment to find the elusive Higgs Bosson particle in full swing.

Is anyone worried that this experiment may create something destructive such as a 'quantum vaccum' or a 'mini black hole' ???

I often wonder if God has actually laid out traps for us so that we destroy ourselves through our scientific pursuits of knowledge so that we may not get anywhere near the level that God is at - after all what did curiosity do to the cat !?

I often think about whether or not the "Big bang" was a direct act of God, nature or an accident by some alien race.

Like a modern day Tower of Babel? Well if so, it'd be for the best. I know that if I had godlike powers I would use them responsibly , but can't vouch for you mere humans.

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
      Its been out of commission since Oct 2008, now its been re-started with the experiment to find the elusive Higgs Bosson particle in full swing.

Is anyone worried that this experiment may create something destructive such as a 'quantum vaccum' or a 'mini black hole' ???

I often wonder if God has actually laid out traps for us so that we destroy ourselves through our scientific pursuits of knowledge so that we may not get anywhere near the level that God is at - after all what did curiosity do to the cat !?

I often think about whether or not the "Big bang" was a direct act of God, nature or an accident by some alien race.
      No, not at all. Go back to bed.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Nope - if the world ends quickly, at least we'll be out of the recession with as little pain as possible.

At least it will be quick and (presumably) painless.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

yes, we are all going to die, might as well get drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            At least it will be quick and (presumably) painless.
            What if it isn't quick? Maybe global warming is actually the start of the Earth, followed by the universe exploding very very slowly caused by some previous physics experiment.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              What if it isn't quick? Maybe global warming is actually the start of the Earth, followed by the universe exploding very very slowly caused by some previous physics experiment.
              Probably imploding rather than exploding, that would explain the warming (assuming the laws of thermodynamics apply)
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                As long as we all go together, that works for me.

I don't want long life.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

No.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post

Bet a lot of morons said the same thing when they split the atom, luckily the guys running this thing have a bit more of a clue than you.

Comment

Working...
                    X