• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A 'Roll & Sausage' or a 'Sausage Roll'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 'Roll & Sausage' or a 'Sausage Roll'

You want a bread roll with a sausage, or two, in it.

Is that a 'Roll and sausage' or is that a 'Sausage Roll'

Roll & Sausage
    85.71%
    Sausage Roll
    14.29%

Sausage 'in a' roll

Comment

Sausage butty or if at home a sausage teacake or if in enemy lands west of the border a sausage barm.

Comment

Hotdog

Comment

Look at the menu in the establishment in question.

If it says, "Sausage in a roll", ask for that.

Alternatively, it may say "Roll with Sausage". If so, ask for that.

Or ask for whatever is appropriate in the specific locale.

Whatever you do, don't ask for something that is not on the menu. If it was on the menu, they'd have listed it.

There's nothing worse than being stuck behind some numpty who wants something that isn't on the menu and is hassling the staff. Height of rudeness.
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Take your chances and ask for a "sausage surprise".......

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
              Look at the menu in the establishment in question.

If it says, "Sausage in a roll", ask for that.

Alternatively, it may say "Roll with Sausage". If so, ask for that.

Or ask for whatever is appropriate in the specific locale.

Whatever you do, don't ask for something that is not on the menu. If it was on the menu, they'd have listed it.

There's nothing worse than being stuck behind some numpty who wants something that isn't on the menu and is hassling the staff. Height of rudeness.
              If I'm a regular at a cafe - I ALWAYS ask for something not on the menu. I'm allowed, I'm a regular.

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
                If I'm a regular at a cafe - I ALWAYS ask for something not on the menu. I'm allowed, I'm a regular.
                I'd be too embarassed at being over-familiar and rude.

YMMV
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

I'm sure that Andyw's mum would make whatever you want.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Want it crusty? Sausage cob.

Want it soft? Sausage bap.

Want a sausage roll? Ask for one.

FFS, the problems you Southerners create for yourselves by not talking in English

Comment

Working...
                    X