• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Racist Google Search

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racist Google Search

I'm really confused. I can't see any image on the BBC page or when I search which appears offensive. What's the deal?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I'm really confused. I can't see any image on the BBC page or when I search which appears offensive. What's the deal?
    put michelle obama into a google search box. Click images, the 1st one that appears - pretty crass.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_110wcPq1TE...elle-obama.jpg

No.1 on my image search results.

Not very nice.

Comment

google images, not google web

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I see it now. I was following the BBC's search string "mrs. obama" which didn't seem to have the same results.

Not sure why it's racist though. What does her being black have to do with it?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I see it now. I was following the BBC's search string "mrs. obama" which didn't seem to have the same results.

Not sure why it's racist though. What does her being black have to do with it?
            someones been mucking around with paint. Made her look like something from the planet of the apes

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I agree that it is not a nice picture but what annoys me is that there have been many other offensive photos of white celebs but no one complains about them. How can equality stand up when you can only be racist to one colour?
              Growing old is mandatory
              Growing up is optional

Comment

oops... didn't notice at first. At least it's not as offensive as this one (NSIYHADS*)

Not Safe If You Have A Delicate Stomach
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  oops... didn't notice at first. At least it's not as offensive as this one (NSIYHADS*)

Not Safe If You Have A Delicate Stomach
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                    I agree that it is not a nice picture but what annoys me is that there have been many other offensive photos of white celebs but no one complains about them. How can equality stand up when you can only be racist to one colour?
                    Oh ffs.

There's caricature, which it normal and socially acceptable, then there's outright racist caricature. It's not difficult to figure out the difference, altering images of a black presidents wife to look like a monkey, amusing Nazi caricatures of Jews to look ratlike, big noses etc. There's an easily definable line that shouldn't be crossed, unless you're a pretty sad individual.

And no one is saying black people can't be racist, or white people can't be the victims of racism. Go find some injustice of a similar sort, and I'll equally be in your corner, but give it a rest otherwise.
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                    X