• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the UK recession mostly over?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the UK recession mostly over?

Do you think the worst of the (phoney) UK recession is over?
    Yes, the worst is behind us
    28.57%
    No, the worst is yet to come
    66.67%
    AndyW is worse
    4.76%

Stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Do you think the worst of the (phoney) UK recession is over?
      Can someone explain to me where the wealth in this country comes from ?
      If we dont make anything any more ?

puzzled
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

puzzled
        We've become a nation of middlemen
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

puzzled
          Most of it comes from a special electronic printing press located somewhere near Threadneedle Street
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Did it actually start?

Comment

I noticed 3 news items yesterday. Lloyds laying off 100s of workers near Aylesbury, Borders to go under, Gordo stating he's encouraging more Chinese and Indian on-shoring.
              Add in the fact that local councils up and down the country are making severe cuts, and that national government will have to make 10% cuts next year, and we're looking at a very grim future.
              Luckily we have an economic genius in charge.
              Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

The people who sell and fit furniture in the Job Centres are happy as so many people have been recruited by DWP this year to deal with the record number of Jobseekers.

The builders who fitted the new, much bigger counter in the Benefits Dept of the local council were probably glad of the work, too.

So, it's all growth round here.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...swBrsYtA&pos=2

National Statistics released revised 3rd quarter GDP figures this morning that show a smaller decline than at first thought. The chances are that the fouth quarter will be positive and the recession may have finished last week.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    The people who sell and fit furniture in the Job Centres are happy as so many people have been recruited by DWP this year to deal with the record number of Jobseekers.

The builders who fitted the new, much bigger counter in the Benefits Dept of the local council were probably glad of the work, too.

So, it's all growth round here.
                    Yeah, office outfitters to the the government are having a good time. I wonder who you have to bribe to get a contract.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X