• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Banks Win...:(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Banks Win...:(

Just noticed this on the BBC website.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8376906.stm

Not good news for some people I know. And Martin Lewis..
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/new...m/2009/11/test
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Good news. If you are going to go over agreed limits why should the bank pay. We've got a good free banking service here so hopefully we won't lose it now.

Comment

Are you really surprised? If the banks had to pay out on the claims they would have to go to the Government for more funds & the Gov. do not want that
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Anyone surprised by this? After all, there are bankster bonuses to be paid for.

Comment

"This will not close the door on the OFT's investigations and may well not resolve the myriad cases that are currently stayed [put on hold] in which customers have challenged the relevant charges"
          I see it as a very narrow ruling, but then IANAL.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
            Good news. If you are going to go over agreed limits why should the bank pay. We've got a good free banking service here so hopefully we won't lose it now.
            You mean "free" there don't you? It isn't free...nothing is. And I think the point is not about paying to go over the limit...its about how much you pay.
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

This in particular made me laugh that little bit more

"The Court said it would not allow an appeal by the OFT to the European Court of Justice. "

But if the banks had lost the case.......
              Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
                This in particular made me laugh that little bit more

"The Court said it would not allow an appeal by the OFT to the European Court of Justice. "

But if the banks had lost the case.......
                I've never understood how a court can prevent someone from appealing...but that's another debate.

Yes, I can imagine the intense lobbying to No. 10 could prove fruitful.

Comment

I'm just waiting for the inevitiable " hey what happened to my humans rights?" shout
                  Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

I read this quote from Martin Lewis with interest...a bit scary really.

"We are now left in a perverse situation that bank accounts must be fair when in credit, because FSA regulations cover that, but not when overdrawn, so the most dangerous bit of banking is now the one where we have the least rights."

Comment

Working...
                    X