• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alexander Mann - Who's used them ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexander Mann - Who's used them ?

Morning all,

I've tried searching for the above query, as I'm sure I read about these pimps on here in the last few weeks, but hey ! can't find it.

So has anybody had the priveledge of them as an agent, I'm only asking as they're looking to whore me out to a telecomms major player ( who I'd like to get back in with tbh )
    Having read there terms and conditions of contract, there seems to be a lot of places for error ( mainly on there part ) And I'm just after advise as to whether its worth me spending on hour of my day fulfilling there required obligations or sack them and approach the company independantly.

As ever, cheers in advance

J
    Trainee Techno Pikey

Ive dealt with them, and got screwed by them on behalf of Atos Origin. They required me to work a month before I could invoice, then started processing invoices a week after the tuesday of that month, then eventually got round to paying 30 days later. Then they signed a 6 month extension, the client blackmailed me trying to get a rate cut and when I refused as I had a signed extension, Alexander Mann sent me a termination notice without reason at 4pm on the last friday of my original contract.

Oh and look out for any 'you cannot give any notice but the client can terminate with ones weeks' stuff and nonsense.

Avoid them - they are complete w@nkers.
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Hi! I am in the process of discussing a role via them too with a major Telco out west. Thought their work package idea was "interesting". Send me a PM if you want to share views.

Comment

Alex Mann

Cocked up initial documentation leading to a delay getting on site.

Took 'em eight weeks to start paying (told me something hadn't been signed off).

Cocked up several invoices - unpaid and still outstanding.

Suggest you contemplate a career ripping up fivers and flushing them down the pan rather than work through AM.

Comment

"There" instead of "their" a few times, and "privilege", btw.
          The avatar won't last. My one of Clara Morgane's beautiful legs was removed by the CUK PC-police.
          We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Cheers for the replies guys,

I've knocked the application on the head for various reasons,
            a) the pre-requirement form is a knightmare ( how much info do they want ! )
            b) reports from both here and other sources are VERY negative
            c) the pimp that called me, was definately a vicky polland replica ( aren't they all ? )

So thanks again for the feedback, and hope any other newbies treat them to a VERY wide berth.

J
            Trainee Techno Pikey

Comment

Interesting.

I have an interview lined up with them for a mobile telco - well, well.

Is there anone with any good reports??

Comment

Originally posted by simes
                Interesting.

I have an interview lined up with them for a mobile telco - well, well.

Is there anone with any good reports??
                Well I've had several calls from them to go over and discuss this role, but to be honest I've only ever received bad feedback about them, so its a big NO THANKS from me, plus the money grabbing w@nkers are only offering a crap day rate.
                Saying that I've literally just had a call from another agent offering the same role, for, wait for it................................................ ............................185 quid a day + 'some' expenses, he nearly fell off his chair when I advised him of my actual day rate for such a role

Do they really think we're that stupid

J
                Trainee Techno Pikey

Comment

Hmm,

well, you maybe interested in this thread I started some time ago - this also seems to star AM as the main character leads.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/showthread.php?t=2604

Comment

Amc

AMC were late payers and they missed a few payments. It took months for them to rectify their mistakes. A fellow contractor was told that they could not pay him more than
                    £25 per hour only to find out that AMC had told the client that they were paying him £30 per hour (£35 to the client)

Comment

Working...
                    X