• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

bravo for the swiss

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bravo for the swiss

http://timescorrespondents.typepad.c.../11/swiss.html

Ah, Switzerland, its Alpine pastures, its milk chocolate, its army knives and… its minarets. You might get that impression from the poster above. It is featuring in a campaign for one of those people's votes that only the Swiss come up with. The whole country votes on Sunday on a move to ban minarets from the country.

Turn the tape over so we can hear something different for a change, there's a good lad. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Turn the tape over so we can hear something different for a change, there's a good lad. Thanks.
      I wonder how many other forums he posts stuff like this on?

Comment

An interesting article, that presents the Swiss with an dilemma.
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
          An interesting article, that presents the Swiss with an dilemma.
          It's a dilemma for everyone: how to reconcile freedom of religion with maintaining a democratic tradition.

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
            It's a dilemma for everyone: how to reconcile freedom of religion with maintaining a democratic tradition.
            Not possible.

HTH
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
              Originally posted by threaded View Post
              Not possible.

HTH
              WHS!

On a side note, drove to Yeadon for an interview yesterday and passed by an absolutely beautiful mosque! Wonderful architecture!

On the way back yesterday the Muezzin was leading the call to prayer.

Let 'em get on with it I say!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                WHS!

On a side note, drove to Yeadon for an interview yesterday and passed by an absolutely beautiful mosque! Wonderful architecture!

On the way back yesterday the Muezzin was leading the call to prayer.

Let 'em get on with it I say!
                I spent 3 happy years out that way in Horsforth @ tasc. A guy from my year lives in Yeadon and he had the worst personal hygene I've ever encountered. Often he'd be sporting jeans with various stains from various dribbles
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                  I spent 3 happy years out that way in Horsforth @ tasc. A guy from my year lives in Yeadon and he had the worst personal hygene I've ever encountered. Often he'd be sporting jeans with various stains from various dribbles
                  Nice...

Thanks for that.

Comment

No problem - he was in our house in the fist year and spent all summer there before everybody else turned up for the second year. I'd spent almost 12 hours on the coach from Aberdeen to get there and ran a bath the freshen up. What I didn't know and check was John had his annual bath earlier. I got in my bath and all the sides were slimy. I actually managed to dive out of the bath without actually touching it! The dirty fecker
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X