• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Knob jockey JIRA spam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knob jockey JIRA spam

You know what that is.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

"The fields that cannot be seen contain no data."

Eventual translation: the GUI is too easy to use, it doesn't look sufficiently complicated, so we would like some extra fields, but we don't know what should be displayed in them, and therefore leave that up to you.

Quoted 2 days

Response was "It shouldn't take that long just to add a few fields to the GUI"

MMI designer has sent an email saying she's taking a long weekend.

Comment

"Difference" comparison between two identical data sets yields zeros.

Translation: When we calculate a difference between two identical data sets in Excel we get a small rounding error of 1E-17. Yet the tool doesn't suffer from that and returns 0.

Comment

"Jar file should be camel cased. Currently it is not and build.xml file to be changed"

Would have been quicker going into the bulid file and changing the char, but of course JIRA makes it look like you are doing something to the whole dev team

Comment

Change manager: "Raising a new Jira because Jira 312 is still causing problems".

Me: "Closing duplicate Jira - please refer to 312."

Comment

Working...
          X