• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LSE trading suspended

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSE trading suspended

http://www.moneyweek.com/news-and-ch...1126-1243.aspx

Caused by connectivity issues apparently. Also it was plunging like a heavy plunging thing just before technical difficulties arose. It's probably nothing though. Does this sort of thing happen often?

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Does this sort of thing happen often?
    No. They must actually test the s/w. It'll be interesting to see what has happened ?

Comment

WTF, the thread took so long to appear I ended up with a duplicate.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        WTF, the thread took so long to appear I ended up with a duplicate.
        Yes, the fabled 'second coming'.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

This happened on Amsterdam's AEX a couple of weeks ago. Coincidentally or otherwise, ING's shares were disappearing down the bog at the time and the AEX claimed there was a ´technical fault due to too many sale orders coming in at the same time for one company´s shares´.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Explanation

Let's not forget what happened on the 8th September 2008
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
              thanks

"support from Microsoft and Accenture"

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post

Benefits
                • Substantially faster for trades than previous system
                • One hundred per cent reliable on high-volume trading days

Presumably this isn't a high-volume trading day, hence the fallback to 0% reliability

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Presumably this isn't a high-volume trading day, hence the fallback to 0% reliability
                  I think you'll find (I hate that expression) it is currently still at 100% reliability.

Just as trains that are cancelled do not count as 'late' but as 'on time'.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Phone to to Accenture's helpy-desky in Bangalore;

Sys Admin; 'Erm, hello, I'm the systems admin at the London Stock Exchange, we have a complete system crash and everyone has a blue screen of death'.

Bob S; ' Yessir, we are understanding your challenge today, will you be kindly pressing Ctrl-Alt-Delete and restarting your computer'

Comment

Working...
                    X