• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LSE trading suspended

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSE trading suspended

Is there an echo in here or summat?

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    Ah, sorry.

Comment

Ah, sorry.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Ah, sorry.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          It's an unterminated reflection on that bit of wire I pulled out.

Sorry everyone.

Just wait a bit while I solder this DIN plug back on & everything will be fine.

Honest.
          DIN plug?

Did you remember to slip the plastic cover onto the wire before doing all the soldering?
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            DIN plug?

Did you remember to slip the plastic cover onto the wire before doing all the soldering?
            I hope he used colour coded or idented wire!

Bain of my life at Ferranti, that! Red wires, hundreds of 'em, all with a little number and enough service length to enable 3 repairs...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              flip.

Thanks for reminding me now
              If it's one of those plastic ones, you can just slice it down the side, clip it over and cover up with electricians tape. No one'll notice.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                If it's one of those plastic ones, you can just slice it down the side, clip it over and cover up with electricians tape. No one'll notice.
                That doesn't work when you are hiring your tape recorder out.

As I found out - the cleanest soldering job I'd ever done, and I had to undo it and start again

Mind you the life time's award for patience must go to that hardware engineer who painstakingly wired up a patch panel. With over a thousand soldered connections, he did nights to get it out of the way.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                X