• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I spoke to chap from Pakistan yesterday evening...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spoke to chap from Pakistan yesterday evening...

Very nice fellow, drives an old racing green Daimler and he's running a business here in Holland. He says he's quite an Anglophile, offered me one of his Havanas and said in that upper class subcontinent accent 'you know Mich, Britain is really a wonderful country with only one real problem; Gordon Brown'.

What a thoroughly informed and enlightened fellow.
    Last edited by Mich the Tester; 26 November 2009, 14:06.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Very nice fellow, drives an old racing green Daimler and he's running a business here in Holland. He says he's quite an Anglophile, offered me one of his Havanas and said in that upper class subcontinent accent 'you know Mich, Britain is really a wonderful country with only one real problem; Gordon Brown'.

What a thoroughly informed and enlightened fellow.
    Congratulations - you just met Threaded.

Comment

I speak to a guy from Pakistan nearly every night, he offers me things from his shop and I offer him money.

He likes to talk about the weather, alot.

Comment

I live a short walk away from Pervez Musharraf. He hasn't come round to introduce himself though.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
          I live a short walk away from Pervez Musharraf. He hasn't come round to introduce himself though.
          When he does (I'm sure he has just been busy) would you please ask him to stand for election here?

Economy
          Pakistan's Economic Comparison 1999 to 2007

* Pakistan’s economy grew by 100% — to become $ 160 billion
          * Revenue grew by 100% — to become $ 11.4 billion
          * Per Capita income grew by 100% — to become $ 925
          * Foreign Reserves grew by 500% — to become $ 17 billion
          * Exports grew by 100% — to become $ 18.5 billion
          * Textile exports grew by 100% — to become $ 11.2 billion
          * Karachi Stock Exchange grew by 500% — to become $ 75 billion
          * Foreign Direct Investment grew by 500% — to become $ 8.4 billion
          * Annual Debt servicing decreased by 35% — to become 26%
          * Poverty decreased by 10% — to become 24%
          * Literacy ratio grew by 10% — to become 54%
          * Public development Funds grew by 100% — to become Rs 520 billion

The vision and policies helped Pakistan come out of the list of Highly Indebted Poor Countries (HIPC) while setting it on path of prosperity, growth and economic reforms. The world financial institutions like the World Bank and IMF and ADB have been praising Pakistan for its reforms, fiscal policies and macro-economic achievements.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            When he does (I'm sure he has just been busy) would you please ask him to stand for election here?
            Yeah, ask him why he can't sort out his own terrorism problems too!

Comment

pakistan zin da bad == long live pakistan++ ;

it aint all bad init.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...tan%20Zindabad

Comment

My wife said one of the other mums at kids school is from paki stan.

But she tells everyone that she from india, she says she is ashamed to admit she is from a country that breeds terrorists.

Comment

But she's happy to send her kids to school in one?

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Spark View Post
                    pakistan zin da bad == long live pakistan++ ;

it aint all bad init.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...tan%20Zindabad
                    See the ad on the right: http://www.muslims4marriage.com/

Some real honeez on there. No wonder the men don't like us to see them.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X