• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Production problems

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Production problems

Hate them.

5 hours wrestling with some code.

It was an upstream feed change in the end I never knew about.

I'm having a beer now

I love them. Gets the adrenalin going and livens up an otherwise dull existence. Especially like them when you come out of it the hero who save the day!

Comment

It often is. I used to have great fun on the phone to Reuters trying to persuade them that a new month had started.

Comment

I never stick around long enough to see projects go live - there's no way I'm wasting my time fixing my dodgy code!

Blame the testers.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          I never stick around long enough to see projects go live - there's no way I'm wasting my time fixing my dodgy code!

Blame the testers.
          Yeas! Contractor Rodeo...
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I hate them too, but they are normally my fault.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Blame the testers.
              somebody elses

you mean you don't remove your name from the code on your last day !?

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                somebody elses

you mean you don't remove your name from the code on your last day !?
                Not on the last day - it's never on there in the first place!
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                X