• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feminism in practice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feminism in practice

I got cut up by a female driver this am , who proceeded to give me the finger. Now you cant blame that on the alocohol fuelled chavessness we see on the streets on a saturday night.
    I liked it when they were all dainty and ladylike , did what they were told and didn't f@rt. Why did they go for equality when they already had superiority ?

tsch.women eh.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I got cut up by a female driver this am , who proceeded to give me the finger. Now you cant blame that on the alocohol fuelled chavessness we see on the streets on a saturday night.
    I liked it when they were all dainty and ladylike , did what they were told and didn't f@rt. Why did they go for equality when they already had superiority ?

tsch.women eh.

I am reminded of the 'Women Know your place' sketch from Harry Enfield.
    You should read The Masterpiece by Aristotle - sounds right up your street - all about women knowing their place and needing men to control their venial desires -I was reading it on the train last night - hilarious
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Why did they go for equality when they already had superiority ?

Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Some time back, I was first to the theatre bar in the interval. A couple of women followed me. The bar staff finished what they were doing and asked "Who's first?"

I started calling out my order and was interrupted by the tall posh bint next to me: "Whatever happened to 'ladies first'?"

I said "You traded that in for equal pay" and went placed my order.

She was SERIOUSLY offended. "What a rude man!"

She didn't expect the response: "Then don't try and push in. You can't have it both ways."

It didn't help when her mate said "He has got a point, you know".

She was fuming!
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Good one RC. A friend of mine is big on feminism and basically taints her cause by giving us all a bad name.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Held a door open for a woman, she gave me some verbal. When she'd finished I said "I hold doors open for men as well, you sexist prat".
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Held a door open for a woman, she gave me some verbal. When she'd finished I said "I hold doors open for men as well, you sexist prat".
              I don't mind men holding doors open as I hold doors open for people too, but what i do mind is some bloke right at the end of the corridor waiting and holding the door open for me. I find that a bit daft really.
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post

You should read The Masterpiece by Aristotle - sounds right up your street - all about women knowing their place and needing men to control their venial desires -I was reading it on the train last night - hilarious
                You never heard any complaints from Mrs Aristotle did you ? No, they knew which side their bread was buttered those ancient Greek birds.
                This conversation was recently translated from an ancient tablet -

Mrs Aristotle - 'Eee lass, you should have seen him last night. Hard as solid petra he was, like a acropolis he was, like a blooming Corinthian column. Had me over the bath he did, poor old Diogenes didnt know where to put his face.
                Mrs Plato - 'ooo, sounds great. Thank the Gods we have lusty men to tell us our venal desires'
                Mrs Socrates - 'Go men go yay. Tell us what to do'

Sappho wanders up - 'Hey girls. I gave this hoplite the finger this morning as I passed him in my chariot. Girly power eh ?'

sounds of screaming as the good ladies of Athens chuck Sappho over the cliffs into the sea.

Last edited by EternalOptimist; 27 November 2009, 10:02.
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Holding doors open is neither sexist nor just politeness. It is a common-sense health & safety matter: letting a door go in front of someone can cause injury.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Either:

sounds of screaming as the good ladies of Athens lift a little finger and have the slaves chuck Sappho over the cliffs into the sea.
                    FTFY

or:

Sappho the Spartan wanders up - 'Hey girls. I gave this hoplite the finger this morning as I passed him in my chariot, then disemboweled him for tulips and giggles. Girly power eh ?'

sounds of screaming as the good ladies of Athens run for their lives
                    FTFY

Comment

Working...
                    X