• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No hope

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No hope

I don't know what's the matter with people in this country I really don't! Just listening to a debate on the radio about the pensions fiasco and some scottish politician is saying 'it's not fair' for the pension age to be raised to 68 as most of his constituents will be dead by that age. Next thing you know there is a serious debate about how perhaps the pension age should be means tested - nice comfortable hard working folks in Surrey retireing at 95, beer swilling, fried food adict factory worker in Glasgow pensioned off at 45. What gets me is that no-one comes on and says GB has spent all the money, added tax to share dividends and basically screwed our pensions - oh no it is just how can we accomodate this new piece of New Lie policy so it is 'fair'

Originally posted by John Galt
    I don't know what's the matter with people in this country I really don't! Just listening to a debate on the radio about the pensions fiasco and some scottish politician is saying 'it's not fair' for the pension age to be raised to 68 as most of his constituents will be dead by that age. Next thing you know there is a serious debate about how perhaps the pension age should be means tested - nice comfortable hard working folks in Surrey retireing at 95, beer swilling, fried food adict factory worker in Glasgow pensioned off at 45. What gets me is that no-one comes on and says GB has spent all the money, added tax to share dividends and basically screwed our pensions - oh no it is just how can we accomodate this new piece of New Lie policy so it is 'fair'
    Aye John

Jings Im 45 !

But still alive and kicking ...

Hope I die after I get Old ...

Talking about my Degeneration ...
    My Degeneration Baby

Why dont you all fff...fade away

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
      Aye John

Jings Im 45 !

But still alive and kicking ...

Hope I die after I get Old ...

Talking about my Degeneration ...
      My Degeneration Baby

Why dont you all fff...fade away
      Life it seems, will fade away
      Drifting further every day
      Getting lost within myself
      Nothing matters no one else
      I have lost the will to live
      Simply nothing more to give
      There is nothing more for me
      Need the end to set me free
      Things are not what they used to be
      Missing one inside of me
      Deathly lost, this can’t be real
      Cannot stand this hell I feel
      Emptiness is filling me
      To the point of agony
      Growing darkness taking dawn
      I was me, but now he’s gone
      No one but me can save myself, but it’s too late
      Now I can’t think, think why I should even try
      Yesterday seems as though it never existed
      Death greets me warm, now I will just say good-bye
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

Absolutely JG. Means testing with no consideration of effort put in is destroying any incentive.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

This £5b/year compounded theft of our private pension funds by gordon clown has been talked about and discussed since he started the robbery in 1997, but no one seems to think anything of it.

And yet, an overweight business owner who stole peoples' pension funds and then "fell" overboard is despised and hated every minute of the day.

What gives?
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

John,

you're taking it all far too seriously.

You need to go home and have a good lie down.

Milan.

Comment

That the second such bit of advice you've given recently beans. (AT least I think it was you a few days back) Have you taken up Buddism or something?

On the contrary I think it is high time we got really mad and started smashing things. A few massive riots in London over all the continual gross intrusions into our lives and the massive robbery by the state to support undemocratic measures and an ever growing army of the Fecking useless, both home grown and from abroad, might change a few minds.

Stringing them up Mussolini style and smashing their sodding brains out with baseball bats might change them even more effectively.
              Last edited by xoggoth; 1 December 2005, 14:29.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Xog,

I think you need to be prescribed the advice I gave John.

Funny you lot still in the UK seem very happy and at peace with the world in general.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
                  That the second such bit of advice you've given recently beans. (AT least I think it was you a few days back) Have you taken up Buddism or something?

On the contrary I think it is high time we got really mad and started smashing things. A few massive riots in London over all the continual gross intrusions into our lives and the massive robbery by the state to support undemocratic measures and an ever growing army of the Fecking useless, both home grown and from abroad, might change a few minds.

Stringing them up Mussolini style and smashing their sodding brains out with baseball bats might change them even more effectively.
                  Its just a question of time. As somebody once said ...

White riot - I wanna riot
                  White riot - a riot of my own
                  White riot - I wanna riot
                  White riot - a riot of my own

Black people gotta lot a problems
                  But they don't mind throwing a brick
                  White people go to school
                  Where they teach you how to be thick

An' everybody's doing
                  Just what they're told to
                  An' nobody wants
                  To go to jail!

All the power's in the hands
                  Of people rich enough to buy it
                  While we walk the street
                  Too chicken to even try it

Everybody's doing
                  Just what they're told to
                  Nobody wants
                  To go to jail!

Are you taking over
                  or are you taking orders?
                  Are you going backwards
                  Or are you going forwards?
                  Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 1 December 2005, 15:07.

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
                    I don't know what's the matter with people in this country I really don't! Just listening to a debate on the radio about the pensions fiasco and some scottish politician is saying 'it's not fair' for the pension age to be raised to 68 as most of his constituents will be dead by that age.
                    Just as it's not fair for public sector workers to have to work until 65 because they never have before.

Their union always wheels out the extreme examples of 65-year-old bobbies on the beat chasing 18-year-old felons across roofs, and 65-year-old nurses heaving 20 stone patients in and out of bed (presumably on their own, but that is never made clear).

FFS that's what good management is for, to give people tasks they are capable of. What happens to a builder who can no longer carry big bags of cement about? He can't retire at 55 or 60 on an indexed linked, publicly-funded pension. He does other jobs.

These situations are a minority in public services anyway. Most of them are pen-pushers.

Comment

Working...
                    X