• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recession, global downturn, economic abyss my arse!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/8380412.stm

House prices in England and Wales continued rising in October, climbing by 0.6% according to the latest survey from the Land Registry.

It was the fifth month in a row that prices had risen, the Land Registry said.

If everyone is bankrupt and unemployed and on their last tin of beans, funny they have enough money for large deposits and ever increasing house prices no?

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/8380412.stm

House prices in England and Wales continued rising in October, climbing by 0.6% according to the latest survey from the Land Registry.

It was the fifth month in a row that prices had risen, the Land Registry said.

If everyone is bankrupt and unemployed and on their last tin of beans, funny they have enough money for large deposits and ever increasing house prices no?
    The Dubai version of Lehmans just happened. We're going round again. And this time bailout money is not an option.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      The Dubai version of Lehmans just happened. We're going round again. And this time bailout money is not an option.
      FTSE up.

Storm in a teacup. All forgotton next week.

$60bn is "printed" in 10 minutes. USA spends that on hair gel in a week.

Sorteeed.

Comment

FTSE up.

Storm in a teacup. All forgotton next week.

$60bn is "printed" in 10 minutes. USA spends that on hair gel in a week.

Sorteeed.
        I bet you, one pint of warm bitter this is credit crunch part II.

Comment

I wish I could draw. There is a very funny cartoon to be made where:

economyc abyss = Gordon Brown's arse

and 'bottomless pit' probably comes into it somewhere too.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

See what happens when you confront him?

Comment

It must be touch and go whether Gordon can literally buy enough time to make it to the election before the economic collapse?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

It must be touch and go whether Gordon can literally buy enough time to make it to the election before the economic collapse?
                He can't let that bus slow below 50 MPH, and there's about a thimble full of petrol left in the tank
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Ere, ava look at this

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/f.../2/default.stm

It's like the DOW flatlined for a bit. Did they cease trading at 1pm?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    Ere, ava look at this

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/f.../2/default.stm

It's like the DOW flatlined for a bit. Did they cease trading at 1pm?
                    Aye.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X