• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't drink and format HDD's

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't drink and format HDD's

Just formatted a new HDD.

Unfortunately, due to a few large glasses of wine, I've formatted the disk that contained all my BizTalk integration source code I've built up over the years, not the new HDD.

No I don't have a backup.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Unfortunately, due to a few large glasses of wine, I've formatted the disk that contained all my BizTalk integration source code I've built up over the years, not the new HDD.

All might not be lost unless you did a low level format. There are lots of good HDD recovery tools.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Return the new HDD and get your money back, then buy more wine to help you forget.

Simples

Comment

If it was a quick format, don't despair.

edit: Otherwise code it again while it's fresh in your mind - It'll be better the second time round, no question.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          All might not be lost unless you did a low level format. There are lots of good HDD recovery tools.
          Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          If it was a quick format, don't despair.
          WTS.

I think a lot of them have drag and drop interfaces too

Comment

Not only did I format it, I installed Windows 7 Ultimate over it too.

Ho hum. I'm sure I can remember the 400,000 lines of C# code.

I'll just open another bottle first....

Comment

spanner
              should always have a backup......of a backup of a backup of a backup, just in case

drink more wine and deaden a few more brain cells and hope you might forget you ever wrote the code

Comment

Take the disk out. Did exactly the same with a mates' PC and still managed to recover 99% of the data. The longer that PC is on the more data will be destroyed. Turn it off now and fix it or stop moaning about it.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                  Take the disk out. Did exactly the same with a mates' PC and still managed to recover 99% of the data. The longer that PC is on the more data will be destroyed. Turn it off now and fix it or stop moaning about it.
                  W.A.S.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Ho hum. I'm sure I can remember the 400,000 lines of C# code.
                    That's exactly the number of lines in SKA!

Comment

Working...
                    X