• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Abbey Paying 0.01% Interest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abbey Paying 0.01% Interest

You have been warned!!

I have 20K in a business account and earnt a massive 1p interest this month

What do others do with their stash?

I got about £75k in my Limited Company Cater Allen and I know its real low interest rate.

Stop the press, I know I have a 'Reserve Account', looking it up apparently I get 0.0% interest !!!! check it out .....

http://www.caterallen.co.uk/Interest...10&whichrate=7

Its still a good free service though .. but I mean 0% !!!!!!! that's nothing ! FM Backwards !
    Last edited by eliquant; 28 November 2009, 10:07.

Comment

Originally posted by joey122 View Post
      You have been warned!!

You'd think base rates were near zero and government are printing money wouldn't you?

What do you expect? Debtors are being saved at the expense of savers.

Comment

Lloyds changed one of my accounts from 2.7% to .1% and never informed me.

Comment

Just opened the letter from Catter Allen. 0% on anything less than £100,000.

Comment

Originally posted by joey122 View Post
            You have been warned!!

I give it to your mum to look after!

Comment

They'd love to start charging negative interest (ie you pay), but the system was never designed for it and the cost of changing it would probably be astronomical or in other words close to bank bailout cost...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                They'd love to start charging negative interest (ie you pay), but the system was never designed for it and the cost of changing it would probably be astronomical or in other words close to bank bailout cost...
                Student Loans got cheaper this year for some borrowers, IIRC, since the rate of interest is governed by inflation and current interest rates.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Student Loans got cheaper this year for some borrowers, IIRC, since the rate of interest is governed by inflation and current interest rates.
                  Great.

This means is making less money from student loans and all taxpayers will have to pay for it.

Dimprawntastic.

Comment

Working...
                  X